Vegan vegetable curry method
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add 1 finely chopped onion and cook for 7 mins until starting to soften. Finely chop 2 garlic cloves and a 5cm piece of ginger. Add to the pan and cook for a further 3 mins then stir in 1 finely chopped red chilli and 1 heaped tsp of ground cumin, coriander and turmeric. Season, then cook for 1 min.
- Chop 1 aubergine and 1 courgette into 1cm pieces. Add the aubergine along with 400g chopped tomatoes and 200ml vegan-friendly vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for 10 mins. Add the courgette and cook for 25 mins, taking the lid off for the final 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook 300g basmati rice to pack instructions.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the vegetables are tender, stir through 100g spinach and 150g peas (fresh or defrosted if frozen). Allow to heat through for 3-4 mins so that the spinach has wilted and the peas are tender.
- Season to taste, then serve with the cooked rice and a scattering of coriander.
Vegan vegetable curry
Showing 1-13 of 13 items