Try something new this week
Chocolate crinkle cookies method
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix 120g flour, 30g cocoa powder, 5g cream of tartar and ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Melt 125g salted butter in a small pan over a low heat.
- Once fully melted, stir in 200g chopped 74% dark chocolate until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few mins.
- Meanwhile, put 2 large eggs, 160g golden caster sugar and 90g soft brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk with an electric hand whisk for 5–6 mins until pale and mousse-like.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat briefly to combine.
- Add the chocolate mixture and beat again until smooth.
- Scoop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays.
- Leave plenty of room between the cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until risen and with a cracked, crinkle pattern on top.
- Leave to cool on the trays: the crinkle pattern will become more pronounced as they cool.
- Serve slightly warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Chocolate crinkle cookies
Showing 1-10 of 10 items