Try something new this week
Vegetable pad Thai method
- Soak 200g flat rice noodles in freshly boiled water for 12 mins. Strain and set aside.
- Mix 4 tbsp tamarind, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp brown sugar and ½–1 tsp chilli flakes together.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add 2 finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Cook briefly, watching it doesn’t burn, then add the tamarind and fish sauce mixture.
- Let this bubble for a minute, then transfer to a bowl. Lightly beat 2 large eggs.
- In the same pan, on medium-high heat, add the beaten eggs.
- Let them set for a minute, without stirring. Once set, break vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Add the pack of stir fry vegetables and cook for 2 mins, stirring from time to time.
- Then add the noodles, pour over the sauce, stir well and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve sprinkled with 50g chopped peanuts and a squeeze of lime.
Vegetable pad Thai
Showing 1-10 of 10 items