Try something new this week
Banana cupcakes method
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Line a 12-hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Add 100g butter and 50g soft light brown sugar to a large bowl.
- Beat together with an electric whisk for 2-3 mins until light and fluffy.
- Peel 3 bananas and add to the bowl in rough chunks along with 2 eggs.
- Beat again until everything is well combined and creamy.
- Sieve together 150g plain flour and 2 tsp baking powder into another bowl.
- Add ½ tsp cinnamon and a pinch of ground nutmeg and mix.
- Add to the banana mixture and gently mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and smooth the tops. Add a banana slice to each.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden and springy to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Showing 1-8 of 8 items