Family meal recipes
Broccoli and pea fritters method
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Bake 8 rashers streaky bacon on a foil-lined baking tray for 12-15 mins, turning halfway.
- Reduce the oven to gas 1, 120°C, fan 100°C, leaving the bacon in to keep warm.
- Break 350g broccoli into small florets and finely chop stems.
- Boil broccoli for 4 mins; remove with a slotted spoon.
- Put 300g in a mixing bowl and set the rest aside.
- Add 200g frozen peas to the water and simmer for 3 mins; drain.
- Add 50g peas to the bowl with the broccoli and set the rest aside with the reserved broccoli.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Roughly blitz the broccoli and peas in the bowl using a stick blender (or in a food processor).
- Mix in 1 egg, 75g plain flour, 50g grated cheese and 1 small crushed garlic clove; season.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Divide the fritter mix into 8.
- Fry in batches. Flatten into 1cm-thick discs in the pan, for 5-6 mins each side until golden.
- Transfer to a baking tray and put in the oven to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, poach 2 eggs in a pan of simmering water for 3 mins or until cooked to your liking.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Serve 2 fritters each, topped with bacon and egg, and the reserved broccoli and peas alongside.
Broccoli and pea fritters
Showing 1-7 of 7 items