Birds Eye 4 Shortcrust Chicken Pies
Date of recall: 23 November 2017
Best Before End : 04/2019
Batch codes: L7301MRN52 / L7301ARN52 / L7301NRN52
Batch code information can be located on the side of pack below the Best Before date.
Today 23.112017 Birds Eye has identified a manufacturing error affecting a small number of Shortcrust Chicken Pies x 4 which were mistakenly filled with Birds Eye Steak Pies that contain mustard. This means the product poses a possible health risk to anyone with an allergy to mustard. All other allergens are correctly labelled.
As a precautionary measure, they are recalling affected date codes from customers. No other Birds Eye products are known to be affected.
What you should do
Birds Eye advise the customer to:
- Check the best before end date and lot code which are printed on the side of pack.
- Do not consume the product if you are allergic to mustard
- Remove the part of the packaging which shows the lot code and the best before date.
- Post this and your contact details to the address below, Birds Eye will arrange to refund you the purchase price.
- Please do not bring the product back to the shop / retailer.
Postal Address:Birds Eye Limited Freepost
For any further questions, Birds Eye operates a UK Freephone hotline: UK 0800 33 22 77
Open Mon–Fri from 9.00–19.00 hours.
Alternatively, please submit a query via Birdseye general enquiries