Try something new this week
Vegan butternut squash spaghetti method
- Put 25g chopped hazelnuts, 1 finely chopped garlic clove and 50g rocket in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until roughly chopped. Add 125ml olive oil and the juice of ½ a lemon.
- Blend until combined but not completely smooth – you want a pesto with a little bit of texture.
- Season to taste and set aside.
- Peel 1 large butternut squash, deseed and cut into quarters lengthways.
- Use a spiralizer to cut the squash quarters into thin ribbons.
- If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can cut the squash into thin wedges.
- Then use a vegetable peeler to peel off ribbons.
- Heat the 10ml olive oil in a large, wide pan, then add the squash ribbons.
- Sauté for 2–3min – you may need to do this in batches.
- Add 1 finely chopped garlic clove and a splash of water to help the squash steam gently.
- Cook for 2 mins, trying not to stir too much as the squash may break up.
- Stir most of the rocket pesto into the pan (reserving some to serve) until it coats the squash.
- Divide the squash spaghetti between plates.
- Top with a handful of rocket leaves, 15g chopped hazelnuts and the zest of ½ a lemon.
- Drizzle over the remaining pesto and serve with a lemon wedge on the side to squeeze over.
Vegan butternut squash spaghetti
Showing 1-6 of 6 items