- ALLEGRINI BELPASSO VINO ROSSO 750ML
- An intense, seductive and spicy wine, crafted from grapes which have been left to dry after the harvest in the traditional local manner, and grapes vinified immediately after picking.
- Pack size: 75CL
- Contains Sulphites
- A powerful and intense red wine with juicy flavours of ripe berries and cherries. On the palate, there are spicy notes of cloves with a hint of violet, bitter almonds and chocolate. The finish is long and delicate with a touch of liquorice.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- Once harvested 15% of the grapes are left to dry for 2 months, where they lose about 30% of their original weight. This drying process, known as appassimento, lends a rich complexity to the final wine. Fermentation occurs in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks which helps to retain the freshness. The wine is then aged for 11 months in large Slavonian oak barrels.
- The Allegrini family estate covers 120 hectares of vineyard in the heart of Valpolicella Classico. Although they have been growing grapes here for several centuries, Giovanni Allegrini was the first to start bottling wines from the family's vineyards. When he died in 1983, he passed a passion for and a commitment to quality wine onto his three children - Walter, Marilisa and Franco. Today, Allegrini is widely recognised as one of the best producers from this region.
- The vineyards are located on the hillside of the Valpolicella region at about 180 to 250 metres above sea level. They are south-east facing and the vines are pergola and guyot trained with an average age of 31 years. The soils is extremely varied, mostly clay and calcareous.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 5 years
Product of Italy
Name and address
- Allegrini Fumane (VR),
- Allegrini Fumane (VR),
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2022