Ballantine's Finest Blended Scotch 1L
- Blended Scotch Whisky
- About the product
- Ballantine's has collaborated with world renowned music creative and kinetic artist Felipe Pantone to bring True Music to life. Inspired by his street art roots, Felipe interprets the depth of flavours of the Finest blend by layering multi coloured arches against bold black and white stripes and creates subtle soundwave visuals.
- Start off your night with the original of the Ballantine's Family Ballantine's Finest blended scotch whisky. We've stayed true to the original recipe since 1910, blending 40 different whiskies in each bottle. We don't think there's any improving this blend, taste it to find out why.
- Serving suggestion
- There's no wrong way to enjoy Ballantine's Finest, try it with Cola, Lemonade or Ginger Ale it goes with just about everything so you can drink it how you like. Just grab your friends, some ice cubes and get mixing. Enjoy.
- - About the brand -
- Two centuries, five Master Blenders and one uncompromising standard of excellence. That's the Ballantine's story, and we're sticking to it. We can trace our roots all the way back to 1827 when our founder George Ballantine first opened his store in Edinburgh. Since then, we've travelled the globe and are now the No.1 blended Scotch whisky in Europe and No.2 around the world.
- - What is whisky? -
- Whisky is a spirit distilled from fermented grains which are then aged in wooden casks. There are different types of Whisky, however the most well-known are Blended Whiskey, Single Malt Whisky, Irish Whiskey & Bourbon. In general, whiskies can be characterised by a variety of flavours: from Sweet to Fruity, Floral to Spicy all the way to Smoky (Peaty) tasting notes.
- Blended whiskies have been expertly crafted using different styles of whiskey to deliver a complex, consistent taste characterised by floral and fruity notes. If you are looking for a smooth whisky with a simpler profile to start with, try a single malt to discover its typically fruity or smoky flavours, or an Irish whiskey that tends to carry predominantly fruity notes. For those that favour strong, dominant flavours, why not try a Bourbon for a traditionally sweet experience or spice it up with a Rye whiskey.
- Whisky can be drunk neat, with a dash of water or with ice “on the rocks”. Many enjoy it as a longer drink over ice with ginger ale, soda, cola or lemonade. It's great as a cocktail too! Why not try it in a Whisky Sour or an Irish Coffee?
- - Whisky or Whiskey? -
- Whisky comes from Scotland while whiskey, with an extra 'e', is traditionally made in Ireland. This difference in the spelling originates in the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms. Whiskey is also used when referring to American whiskies, whilst in Japan they use the Scottish spelling. The spelling can therefore reveal a little more about the whisk(e)y's heritage!
- Pack size: 1L
- Colour: Light gold. Nose: Soft, elegant, heather honey aromas with a hint of spice. Taste: A balance of subtle, sweet flavours like milk chocolate, red apple and vanilla. Finish: Fresh and floral after-taste.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in cool, dry place
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Blended & Bottled in Scotland
Name and address
- George Ballantine & Son Ltd,
- G82 2SS,
- Pernod Ricard UK,
- Customer Services,
- Building 12 Chiswick Park,
- 566 Chiswick High Road,
- W4 5AN.
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
1 Litres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019