- finest* Gisborne Chardonnay
- Perched on the easternmost tip of New Zealand’s North Island, Gisborne is renowned for producing some of the world's finest Chardonnays. Made in oak barrels by the experts at Indevin, this exceptional white balances tropical pineapple and grapefruit aromas with toasted oak notes. Perfect with light seafood dishes and pasta or risotto with spring vegetables.
- Contains: Contains milk and sulphites.
- Contains milk and sulphites.
- An elegant and complex wine loaded with ripe tropical fruit notes and cashew nut-like nuances balanced with a lipsmacking lime zest finish
Region of Origin
Gisbourne / Poverty Bay
Type of Closure
- Grapes sourced from Gisborne's Ormond Valley and Patutahi are gently pressed and then vinified separately, a portion of these are fermented in new oak from various French coopers and toasting levels , some in 2 and 3 year old barrels and some in Stainless steel. Each component is treated differently with lees stirring applied to some barrels. blending takes place some 5 Months post vintage.
- This is where Captain James Cook made his first New Zealand landfall in 1769. The region is also known as Tairawhiti, which means "the coast upon which the sun shines across the water". It is the first wine region in the World to see the sun rise each day, with high, hot sunshine hours, fertile clay loam soils and some of the most acclaimed winemakers in the country, Gisborne is famous for producing exceptional Chardonnay.
- Gisborne's golden climate creates an abundance of other produce - citrus, stone- and kiwifruit, avocados and a wide variety of vegetables. Spring rainfalls and long dry summers, combined with both alluvial and heavier clay soils, allows dry farming of a wide range of grape varieties, most notably Chardonnay, Sheltered by hills and mountain ranges to the North Gisborne's warm dry climate is moderated by the nearby ocean, typical of many of the world's great wine growing regions.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 3 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool, dry place. This wine can be enjoyed now or carefully stored for up to 2 years from purchase.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||Per 125ml glass contains|
|Energy||305kJ / 74kcal||381kJ / 92kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019