- BARBERA D'ALBA Di Origine Controllata. Produce of Italy.
- Made from Barbera grapes that are grown in Northwest Italy and aged in small oak casks. This rich wine has delicate perfume, ripe tannins and layers of flavours of plum, raisins and spices, best enjoyed with roast beef or ravioli.
- Contains: Contains egg and sulphites.,
- Contains egg and sulphites.
- This rich wine has delicate perfume, ripe tannins and layers of flavours of plum, raisins and spices.
Region of Origin
Fratelli Martini Secondo Luigi S.p.A.
Type of Closure
Spicy & full bodied
- De-stemming, pressing and fermentation with contact with the skins in stainless steel tanks for 10 days under a controlled temperature.
- Barbera d'Alba is a key DOC of Piedmont, north-western Italy, famed for its tangy, cherry-like red wines made from Barbera grapes. Barbera (like so many Italian wine grape varieties) has ancient origins, although it has only been traceably documented since the 17th century. Barbera-based wines are well regarded for their rustic yet generous character. For a wine to be legally labelled as Barbera d'Alba, it must be made from at least 85% Barbera grapes.
- The Piedmont region of northern italy, surrounded by the Alps, is home to Italy's third most planted grape variety. Alba is one of the few areas in which Barbera is planted on the best sites and producing wines capable of challenging Barolo and Barbaresco's crown. Barbera vines thrive in the chalky, limestone-rich clay soils.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store horizontally in a cool, dark place. To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within 3 year of purchase. Once open, drink within 3 days.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||Each glass (125ml) contains|
|Energy||332kJ / 80kcal||415kJ / 100kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019