Schwartz Indian Biryani Mix 28G
- An aromatic recipe mix with warming cinnamon, ginger and fragrant fennel seed for a Biryani full of flavour.
- Find more delicious ideas at www.schwartz.co.uk
- Find us on Facebook and Twitter
By Appointment to Her Majesty The Queen Suppliers of Herbs, Spices, Seasonings & Sauce Mixes McCormick (UK) Ltd T/A Schwartz
- Chilli rating - medium - 2
- Authentic Indian flavour
- Ready in 30 minutes
- 2 of your 5 a day is provided by 1 serving of our recipe
- No artificial colours, flavourings or hydrogenated fat
- No added preservatives or MSG
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Pack size: 28g
Dried Onion, Salt, Ground Coriander Seed, Ground Cumin, Brown Mustard Seed, Ginger (8%), Dried Garlic, Yeast Extract, Ground Fennel Seed (4%), Bay Leaves, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Dried Crushed Chillies, Ground Cinnamon (Cassia), Colour (Curcumin), Coriander Leaf
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Produced in the UK
Preparation and Usage
- For our recipe you will need...
- 15g (1/2oz) butter, unsalted
- 1 onion, sliced
- 450g (1lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml (1/4 pint) cold water
- 175g (6oz) basmati rice, rinsed
- 100g (4oz) peas
- 1. Heat the butter and fry the onion for 5 minutes, until golden brown and softened.
- 2. Add the chicken and sachet contents, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- 3. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
- For a little inspiration...
- Ideal with mango chutney, raita and lemon wedges. Don't worry if you don't have any basmati rice, long grain rice works just as well. Try replacing the chicken with diced lamb for a change.
Number of uses
- Free From Added MSG
- Free From Artificial Colours
- Free From Artificial Flavours
- No added preservatives
Name and address
- Pegasus Way,
- HP17 8LB.
- Pegasus Way,
- HP17 8LB.
28 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Per 100g as sold||Per serving*||%RI ** per serving*|
|of which saturates||1.3g||2.4g||12%|
|of which sugars||3.4g||5.5g||6%|
|*1 serving = 1/4 of Our Recipe||-||-||-|
|**% of Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)||-||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016