Tesco Finest Alsace Gewurztraminer 75Cl
- 2014 Alsace Gewurztramier. Appellation Alsace Controlee. Produce of France.
- A flavoursome, off dry, classic French white with aromas of fresh lychees, roses and subtle hints of spice. Produced traditionally by the award winning winemaker Michel Lihrmann, this wine stays on fine lees for a few months prior to bottling to preserve fruit aromas and freshness. Serve chilled as an aperitif, or as the perfect accompaniment to spicy Asian dishes or Thai curries. Alsace wine is from the north eastern corner of France. This area displays expansive landscape of history, tradition, culture and gastronomy. Amongst the ancient ruins, gothic cathedrals and half timbered houses lie vineyards that produce some of the most distinctive wines to be produced in France. With its lingering spicy aftertaste, the Gewurztraminer grape is the most full bodied, and sought after, of the Alsace wines.
- Contains: Sulphites
- Nose : Aromas of flowers, spices and exotic fruits such as litchi and passion fruit. Palate : Rich, full-bodied and well-structured. Lovely length on the palate
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
- Grapes are harvested at perfect ripeness. Alcoholic fermentation during 10 days under controlled temperatures. The wine is then racked, filtered and bottled.
- Alsace owns a mosaïc of terroirs very different from each other.
- Alsatian vineyard is situated at the foot of the Vosges, between Marlenheim and Thann.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 3 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Best consumed young and fresh, this wine can be enjoyed now or carefully stored, for up to two years from purchase. Once open, drink within two days
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||Per 125ml glass|
|Energy||327kJ (79kcal)||409kJ (98kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016