Try something new this week
Simple sausage casserole method
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a shallow casserole, then add 1 sliced red onion and 8 sausages.
- Fry over a medium heat for 5 mins, until the onions are softened and the sausages are browned.
- Stir in finely chopped garlic cloves and 2 rosemary sprigs and cook for 1 min.
- Add 2x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes and crumble in 1 beef stock cube.
- Give everything a good stir and bring to the boil before mixing in 2 chopped peppers.
- Simmer, uncovered, on a low heat for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard and ½ chopped Savoy cabbage.
- Cover and cook for a final 5 mins until the cabbage and sausages are fully cooked through.
Simple sausage casserole
Showing 1-11 of 11 items