Try something new this week
Chicken and sweet potato traybake method
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Peel and cut 2 sweet potatoes into 2cm chunks. Slice 2 red onions into wedges.
- Break 350g broccoli into florets. Peel 8 garlic cloves.
- Add these to a large roasting tray and sprinkle over 2 tbsp dried thyme and 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Season and drizzle over 1 tbsp of olive oil, then toss everything together.
- Spread the veg out in an even layer and roast for 15 mins.
- Remove the tray from the oven and give the veg a good mix.
- Cut 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets in half. Add to the tray and drizzle with ½ tbsp olive oil.
- Squeeze over the juice of 1 lemon and sprinkle with the paprika. Return to the oven for 15 mins.
- Pour over most of 150ml chicken stock, then roast for a final 5–20 mins.
- Top up with a little more stock if it starts to look too dry.
- When the chicken is cooked through and the veg is completely tender, take it out the oven.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins and serve with lemon wedges.
Chicken and sweet potato traybake
Showing 1-10 of 10 items