- Nelson Mandela
- In this book from the critically acclaimed, multimillion-copy bestselling Little People, BIG DREAMS series, discover the incredible life of Nelson Mandela, South Africa's first Black president, and his fight for equality.
- Little Nelson's given name was Rolihlahla, which means 'troublemaker' in Xhosa, his native language. But his rebellious nature would lead him to become one of the world's most inspirational civil rights leaders and anti-apartheid revolutionaries.
- Despite the many years of imprisonment and adversity he faced, Nelson remained firm in his mission to end the racist system of apartheid in South Africa.
- His bravery and resilience was rewarded when he was released from prison and later voted in to become South Africa's first Black president. This inspiring book features stylish and quirky illustrations and extra facts at the back, including a biographical timeline with historical photos and a detailed profile of the activist turned president's life.
- Little People, BIG DREAMS is a bestselling series of books and educational games that explore the lives of outstanding people, from designers and artists to scientists and activists. All of them achieved incredible things, yet each began life as a child with a dream.
- This empowering series offers inspiring messages to children of all ages, in a range of formats. The board books are told in simple sentences, perfect for reading aloud to babies and toddlers. The hardback versions present expanded stories for beginning readers. Boxed gift sets allow you to collect a selection of the books by theme. Matching games and other fun learning tools provide even more ways to make the lives of these role models accessible to children .
- Inspire the next generation of outstanding people who will change the world with Little People, BIG DREAMS!
- Maria Isabel Sanchez Vegara, born in Barcelona, Spain, is a writer and creative director in constant search of new concepts for children's books and the author of the multimillion-copy bestselling Little People, BIG DREAMS series of picture books that explore the lives of outstanding people. Working for more than fifteen years for clients in top advertising agencies, her books combine creativity with learning, aiming to establish a new and fresh relationship between children and pop culture.
- Alison Hawkins is an illustrator based in North Carolina, USA. She started her career as a Graphic Designer, and went on to work as a Product Designer, illustrating for clothing, toys and greeting cards. Alison loves to explore colour and hand lettering in her illustrations, as well as experiment with animation. She approaches art with a sense of humour and whimsy.
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2022