A Rose Among Thorns Rosie Goodwin
- A Rose Among Thorns Rosie Goodwin
- Will she ever find the happiness she deserves?
- In A Rose Among Thorns, The Sunday Times bestselling author Rosie Goodwin weaves a captivating historical saga of a troubled family and the power of love and friendship. Perfect for fans of Dilly Court and Cathy Sharp.
- Despite losing her mother at a young age, Sassy has grown up surrounded by love: although poor, she is happy. So Sassy is devastated when her father marries wealthy widow Elizabeth Bonner. Social climber Elizabeth despairs of a step-daughter who is more at ease with servants than those above stairs, and is jealous of Sassy's growing beauty which threatens to outshine her own daughter.
- Unwelcome and out of place in this unfamiliar world, Sassy often escapes to her old home on Tuttle Hill and the company of her childhood friends, brothers Thomas and Jack Mallabone. But the trio's bond is threatened by the consequences of her blind adoration for wayward Thomas, much to the dismay of Jack, who has long worshipped Sassy in secret...
- What readers are saying about A Rose Among Thorns:
- 'With skillful application of the craft at which she excels, Rosie has produced yet another certain winner. An absorbing tale depicting with great accuracy the nostalgia of bygone times, it evokes warmth, laughter and tears linked by a storyline that defies you to put it down... A wonderful story from a supremely gifted writer'
- 'A natural born storyteller... the trouble I have is the stories are never long enough. This novel had me captivated from start to finish'
- Rosie Goodwin is the author of over twenty bestselling novels and the recent Sunday Times Top Ten bestseller A Mother's Grace. She is the first author in the world to be allowed to follow three of Catherine Cookson's trilogies with her own sequels, Tilly Trotter's Legacy, The Mallen Secret and The Sand Dancer. Having worked in the social services sector for many years, then fostered a number of children, she is now a full-time novelist. Rosie lives in Nuneaton, the setting for many of her books, with her husband and their beloved dogs.
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2022