Guideline Daily Amounts
- 9%of the reference intake
- 5%of the reference intake
- 10%of the reference intake
- 4%of the reference intake
- 11%of the reference intake
INGREDIENTS: Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin], Cheese Powder (Milk) (10%), Raising Agents (Potassium Carbonate, Potassium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Flavouring (contains Milk), Sugar, Mustard Powder, Whey Powder (Milk), Salt, Yeast Extract.
Number of uses
Preparation and Usage
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 scones
You will need: 150ml (10 tbsp) semi- skimmed milk; flour for dusting; 6cm (2½ inch) cutter; greased baking sheet. Optional: Milk or beaten egg to glaze.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7
2. Empty the scone mix into a mixing bowl and add the milk.
3. Knead the mixture very lightly to form a soft, smooth dough.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to approximately 2cm thick and cut into 6 rounds using a 6cm (2½ inch) cutter.
5. Place on the baking sheet, for more golden brown scones glaze with milk or beaten egg.
6. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes until well risen or golden brown. Cool on a cooling rack.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||One scone (71g)|
|Energy||1126kJ / 267kcal||800kJ / 189kcal|
|* Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
|When prepared according to instructions.||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2023