Montes Reserva Chardonnay 75Cl
- Our Montes Chardonnay is made with a selection of grapes that ripened slowly in the cold mornings of the coastal Aconcagua Viticulture Region to produce fresh wines with tremendous fruit expression.
- A portion of this Chardonnay has been aged in a combination of new and old French oak barrels to give complexity but also retain the fruit expression of the Chardonnay. The wine is pale gold in colour with aromas of tropical fruit, vanilla and apricots. On the palate this medium bodied wine is balanced by fresh acidity and has an elegant and persistent finish.
- 10.1 UK Units per bottle
- 1.7 UK Units per 125ml glass
- Drink Responsibly
- UK Government recommends adults do not regularly exceed:
- Men 3-4 units a day
- Women 2-3 units a day
- Green Dot
- Wine of D.O. Aconcagua, Chile
- From Chile with pride
- Pack size: 750ML
- Contains Sulphites
- This wine has intense aromas of ripe mango, pineapple and apricots. On the palate this is a medium bodied wine that balances hints of vanilla, hazelnut and toast from the French oak with tropical fruits on a long and lingering finish
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Aurelio Montes Jnr
- A portion of the grapes were put into tank and cold soaked at 10°c for four hours to enhance the aromatics. The remainder of the grapes were gently crushed, settled and then fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks for 15-17 days. 15% of the blend underwent malolactic fermentation to give richness to the wine and 35% of the blend was aged in French oak barrels (25% new, the rest second fill) for eight months
- Montes was established in 1988 by Aurelio Montes, Douglas Murray, Alfredo Vidaurre and Pedro Grand, with the aim to produce the best wines in Chile from the best regions. Montes own 800 hectares of vineyards in Apalta and Marchigue located in Colchaugua Valley as well a single vineyard Zapallar, in the coastal Aconcagua Valley. By this, they are able to retain full control of everything that is planted, cultivated and picked.
- The Chardonnay grapes come from Aconcagua region. Aconcagua's Mediterranean climate is a result of the vines being shielded from the Pacific Ocean by the Coastal Range. Chardonnay from Aconcagua is riper in comparison to the cooler climate regions in Chile, but is still able to retain freshness due to cool nights. All grapes were hand harvested.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 3 years
Wine of Chile
Name and address
- Produced and bottled by:
- Montes S.A.,
- Ruta 5 Sur KM 149,
- VI Region.,
- Liberty Wines Ltd,
- SW4 6LY,
- Liberty Wines Ltd,
- SW4 6LY,
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2020