Botham 80 Series Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 75Cl
- Cabernet Sauvignon - Red Australian Wine
- Combining flavours of black cherry, mulberry and red plum with touches of mint, pepper and aromatic cedar, this intensely full bodied yet refined wine is drinking very well now. However, to appreciate this style at its very best, we suggest cellaring this wine for another 5 to 7 years.
- Sir Ian Botham is arguably one of the greatest cricketers that England has ever produced and 1980 was an important year in his illustrious career. It was in this year that he became the first player in test history to score a century and take 10 wickets in the same match, which was against India in his 3rd overseas tour. Nurturing one of his other great passions in life, he brings you this superb Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon in celebration of that year.
- Wine of Coonawarra, Australia
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphites, Milk, Egg and Nuts
- This wine combines flavours of black cherry, mulberry and red plum with touches of mint, pepper and aromatic cedar. It's intensely full bodied yet beautifully refined. A wine to savour and enjoy.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Sir Ian Botham OBE
- The grapes are crushed and fermented in small stainless steel fermenters. Towards the end of fermentation some of the wine is transferred to new French oak barrels to finish ferment over the preceding weeks. This slow, long ferment gives great flavour definition and integrates the oak into the wine seamlessly. Post fermentation, the wine is matured in new and used French oak barrels over the next 18 months.
- During Sir Ian Botham's long career in International cricket, he spent time nurturing one of his non-sporting passions; wine and the art of making it. In the making of these wines, Sir Ian worked alongside some of the most renowned winemakers in his favourite regions of Australia. He often says that these are wines he would have on his own table and he firmly believes they represent exceptional value and flavour.
- This cabernet sauvignon has been crafted by blending parcels of wine from the prestigious Coonawarra region in South Australia. It is a celebration of one of Sir Ian's most illustrious years in the game. 1980 was the year Sir Ian made test history as the first player to ever score a century and take 10 wickets in the same match. It was against India in his 3rd overseas tour.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to < >
Wine of Australia
Name and address
- Bottled by:
- Pinnacle Drinks,
- Stockwell Road,
- SA 5353,
- Benchmark Drink Ltd,
- NN16 8NQ,
- Benchmark Drink Ltd,
- NN16 8NQ,
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019