- Vietnamese Pork Recipe Kit
- If you still need convincing, check out our fan feedback online at simplycook.com
- See reviews at simplycook.com
- 6,490 online ratings
- "Easy to cook, quick and really tasty! Authentic exotic flavour"
- "So tasty and flavoursome. Always have one of these in the cupboard"
- Hungry for more?
- Discover over 100 recipes, delivered through your letterbox, as often as you want them.
- Try 4 recipes for just £1
- Use code: TRYVP at simplycook.com
- The proof is in the making...
- Use our chef made recipes and flavour pots to make quick and tasty restaurant quality meals, ready in 20 minutes.
- Just add a few fresh ingredients...
- 3 step recipe kit ready in 20 minutes
- Chilli rating - 1
- Pack size: 85G
Beef & Ginger Stock (25g): Beef Stock, Salt, Onion Juice, Soy Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Dried Garlic, White Wine, Sugar, Ginger Puree, Sunflower Oil, Black Pepper, Thit Kho Paste (30g): Sunflower Oil, Sugar, Water, Salt, Thai Fish Sauce (Anchovy Extract, Salt, Sugar), Garlic Puree, Concentrated Onion Juice, Coconut Milk Powder (Milk), Onion Powder, Yeast Extract, Caramelised Sugar Syrup, Flavouring, Chilli Flakes, Ground Galangal, Spring Onions, Coriander Leaf, Black Pepper, Chilli Garlic Paste (30g): Sugar, Fructose, Glucose Syrup, White Wine Vinegar (Sulphites), Water, Dried Garlic, Lime Juice, Soy Sauce (contains Water, Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Salt, Chilli Flakes, Cornflour, Cayenne, Paprika Extract
- Contains: Fish, Milk, Soya, Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites, Wheat
Store in a cool, dry place.
Packed in the UK
Preparation and Usage
- Cook Restaurant Quality Meals at home with...
- 3 Flavour Pots
- Beef & Ginger Stock
- Thit Kho Paste
- Chilli Garlic Paste
- Just add
- Fresh ingredients, Picked by you
- Simple & Speedy
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Shopping List
- (serves 2)
- 350g pork fillet
- 3 shallots
- 5 spring onions
- 140g jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- You may want to:
- Add some mangetout for extra vegetables.
- Add more fresh ingredients to cook this dish for 3-4 people.
- Vietnamese Pork
- Get Started:
- Cut the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Finely chop the shallots and spring onions.
- Thinly slice the mangetout (optional).
- 1. Cook the Rice and get the Pork on
- Mix 300ml boiling water with the Beef & Ginger Stock in a lidded pan. Add the rice, then cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 mins, then keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a wide pan and fry the pork for 3 mins, or until golden and just cooked through. Remove and put aside.
- Add the mangetout to the pan (optional) and fry for 2 mins, then remove and put with the pork.
- 2. Make the Sauce
- Add a little more oil and fry the shallots for 2 mins.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and leave it for 2 mins to start to melt and bubble.
- Add the Thit Kho Paste with 50ml of water to the pan. Turn the heat up to medium and stir for 2 mins to help thicken the sauce.
- 3. Finishing Touches
- Return the pork (and veg) to the pan and cook for 1 min to coat the pork in the sauce.
- Stir the Chilli Garlic Sauce and spring onions into the pan.
- Serve the pork over rice.
Name and address
- Packed for:
- 96 Leonard Street,
- EC2A 4RH.
- 96 Leonard Street,
- EC2A 4RH.
|Typical Values||per 100g||per half kit|
|of which Saturates||1.7g||0.8g|
|of which Sugars||29.3g||12.5g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2020