Cooking Time: 12 mins
Makes: 6 fairy cakes
You will need:
For fairy cakesx:1 medium egg; 10ml (1 tbsp.) semi-skimmed milk; 40g melted unsalted butter; Cupcake or muffin tray.
For icing: 10ml (1 tbsp.) semi-skimmed milk; 80g softened unsalted butter.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C/Fan 160⁰C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Place the 6 fairy cake cases in a cupcake or muffin tray.
3. Empty the cake mix into a bowl, add the egg, 10ml (1 tbsp.) of milk and 40g of melted butter and mix using an electric or hand whisk for 2-3 minutes.
4. Divide the mix equally between the 6 cases and bake in the centre of the oven for 12 minutes until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven, leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
6. Empty the icing mix into a bowl, add 80g of softened butter, 10ml (1tbsp.) of milk and beat with a spoon for 3 minutes until light and smooth.
7. Unwrap the 2 sugar pastes and knead them until they are soft & pliable. One at a time, roll them out to a long thin sausage (you may want to do this in 2 halves to make it easier to handle). Once you have rolled the 2 colours twist them together to form a 'rope', roll until the rope is approximately 10mm in diameter. Cut into 12 pieces approximately 30mm in length to make the legs of the elf. 8. Use any remaining sugar paste to form the elf's feet and using a small amount of water, stick the feet to the legs.
9. Spread or pipe the icing mixture on top of each fairy cake (piping bag not included). 10.Carefully stick the elf's legs into the icing, using the image on pack as a guide.