- Cajun Jambalaya Recipe Kit
- If you still need convincing, check out our fan feedback online at simplycook.com
- See reviews at simplycook.com
- 1,817 online ratings
- "Wonderful mixture of flavours and textures."
- "Thoroughly enjoyed making and eating it. Tasted amazing!"
- Hungry for more?
- Discover over 100 recipes, delivered through your letterbox, as often as you want them.
- Try 4 recipes for just £1
- Use code: TRYCJ at simplycook.com
- The proof is in the making...
- Use our chef made recipes and flavour pots to make quick and tasty restaurant quality meals, ready in 20 minutes.
- Just add a few fresh ingredients...
- Heat rating - 1
- 3 step recipe kit ready in 20 minutes
- Gluten free recipe
- Pack size: 60G
Cajun Seasoning (10g): Potato Starch, Tomato Powder, Ground Spices (Chilli, Paprika, Coriander), Dried Onion, Dried Garlic, Yeast Extract, Salt, Lime Powder, Coriander Leaf, Celery Salt, Smoked Paprika, Colour (Curcumin), Natural Flavouring, Garlic Paste (20g): Garlic Powder (24%), Sunflower Oil, Water, Garlic Extract (16%), Sugar, White Wine Vinegar (Sulphites), Jambalaya Stock (30g): Yeast Extract, Rapeseed Oil, Water, Tomato Puree, Glucose Syrup, Salt, Red Pepper Concentrate, Red Wine Concentrate (Sulphites), Chilli Powder, Onion Powder, Celery Juice Powder, Garlic Powder, Ground Paprika, Basil Extract, Ground Oregano
- Contains: Celery, Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Store in a cool, dry place.
Packed in the UK
Preparation and Usage
- Cook Restaurant Quality Meals at home with...
- 3 Flavour Pots
- Cajun Seasoning
- Garlic Paste
- Jambalaya Stock
- Just add
- Fresh ingredients, Picked by you
- Simple & Speedy
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Shopping List
- (serves 2)
- 2 chicken thigh fillets and/or 150g prawns
- 100g chorizo
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 120g basmati rice
- You may want to:
- Add more fresh ingredients to cook this dish for 3-4 people.
- Make it meat-free:
- Swap chicken and prawns for more peppers to make this vegetarian-friendly.
- Cajun Jambalaya
- Get Started:
- Finely chop the onion and pepper.
- Cut the chorizo into small cubes.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- 1. Cook the Chicken (and prawns)
- Toss the chicken (and prawns, if using) in the Cajun Seasoning.
- Heat a little oil in a wide, lidded, non-stick pan over medium-high heat, and fry the chicken until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and repeat with the prawns, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- 2. Fry the Veg
- Using the same pan, add the chorizo, onion and green pepper and fry for 3 mins.
- Mix in the Garlic Paste and cook for 2 more mins.
- 3 Cook the Rice
- Add the rice, 400ml of boiling water and the Jambalaya Stock to the pan. Stir well, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid and simmer for 12 mins.
- Stir the chicken (and prawns) into the rice and cook for 2 more mins, then serve!
Name and address
- Packed for:
- 96 Leonard Street,
- EC2A 4RH.
- 96 Leonard Street,
- EC2A 4RH.
|Typical Values||per 100g||per half kit|
|of which Saturates||1.8g||0.6g|
|of which Sugars||10.9g||3.3g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2020