- Doves Farm Organic White Rye Flour 1kg
- Milled from rye grain and sieved to remove the bran and coarse particles, this flour is naturally low in gluten and typically produces fine textured baked goods.
- Rye, secale cereale, is a popular grain grown throughout Central and Eastern Europe. This hardy crop can thrive in poor soils and cold conditions.
- Rye grain has been cultivated at Doves Farm for many years and grows well on chalk and flint down lands. Traditionally farmers grew rye on land not suitable for wheat and occasionally planted wheat and rye together hoping one or the other would thrive. Rye flour is naturally high in gliadin but low in glutenin resulting in a lower gluten content than wheat flour thus producing characteristic close textured and flavoursome bread and baked goods.
- Baking with Rye Flour
- White rye flour can add variety to sweet and savoury baking. It is naturally low in gluten so baked items will have a close crumb structure. Characteristically rye dough can become sticky in some recipes so it is often combines with wheat flour.
- At Doves Farm we make biscuits, cookies and a large range of bread, cake and speciality flours.
- Doves Farm Foods was established in 1978, when we wanted to make flour from the organic wheat we grew. We bought a millstone and set it up in the barn on our farm on the picturesque Wiltshire/Berkshire border. We now have a thriving business which mills many different and rare grains. At the heat of our ethos, we are dedicated to ethical production methods, slow food and the organic movement. On our farm we rotate crops, livestock and grassland, as well as respecting the biodiversity of wildlife and the local environment. We have had Soil Association organic certification for over 30 years.
- We are also passionate about home baking and believe that what we eat today will affect our health and well-being tomorrow. Baking bread, cookies and cakes at home is a satisfying and rewarding activity. You can choose the best, local and seasonal ingredients, and know what goes into your family's food.
- Ingredients from more than one country.
- Milled in the UK.
- Pack size: 1kg
Rye Flour* (contains Gluten), *Organic produce
- Contains: Gluten
To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
Name and address
- Doves Farm Foods,
- RG17 0RF.
- Doves Farm Foods,
- RG17 0RF.
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.3g|
|of which sugars||0.7g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019