- Red French Wine
- Find us on Facebook and Instagram
- Cap Royal is a Bordeaux Supérieur that benefits from the expertise of Jean René Matignon, Technical Director of Château Pichon Baron, 2nd Grand Cru Classé.
- It has a beautiful aromatic complexity mingling aromas of red fruits with hints of vanilla coming from ageing in oak barrels.
- Cap Royal owes its name to Cordouan, the oldest lighthouse in Europe. It is a landmark for lovers of great wines.
- Jean-René Matignon
- Wine of France
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphites
- Cap Royal 2016 has a beautiful red cherry color brightened with some purplish reflections. The complex and explosive nose reveals intense aromas of red fruits (redcurrant, cherries) which become more complex with subtle hints of spices.
Region of Origin
Compagnie Medocaine Des Grands Crus
Type of Closure
Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
- "Fermentation in thermo-regulated stainless steel vats, ageing in oak barrels brings a slightly woody note that adds complexity and length in palate. This careful ageing is performed under the regular supervision of Jean René Matignon. He guarantees quality monitoring during this period. Blending: Merlot: 70% Cabernet-sauvignon: 30%"
- Cap Royal Bordeaux is a careful selection of the best cuvées by Jean-René Matignon (Technical Director at Château Pichon Baron, 2nd Growth)
- Cap Royal rouge is produced within the Bordeaux Supérieur appellation area, in Lestiac-sur-Garonne. The vineyards stretch along the hillsides of the Garonne river on clay and gravel soils. The parcels have a very nice exposure and the grapes are sorted drastically as for a Grand Cru.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 5 years
Product of France
Name and address
- LCDR À F 33550.
- 33290 Blanquefort,
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2020