- Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon - Red South African Wine
- The careful winemaking in combination with vineyard management allows for this wine to be made without the addition of sulphites. Our organic wine is made from grapes grown without the use of chemical pesticides or fertilisers, so allowing the natural biodiversity of the vineyards to thrive. This wine has flavours of forest fruits and hints of spicy black pepper.
- Registered by The Vegan Society
- Organic wine from South Africa
- No sulphur added
- Wine of Western Cape, South Africa
- Pack size: 75cl
- Good structure red wine with ripe red berries on the nose and dark red berries and smooth tannins with hints of spice on the palate
Region of Origin
Home of Origin Wine (Pty) Ltd.
Type of Closure
Shiraz/Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon
- The organic grapes are harvested and sorted manually. After the selection process is completed, the berries are gently destalked and then proceed to the fermentation tanks. The berries and juice are cooled down to 5◦C for a cold maceration and after three days yeasts are added and fermentation commences at controlled temperatures. The wine is cold stabilised and filtered prior to bottling with the utmost of care.
- The vines were planted between 2000 and 2004. Choice of cultivar clone and rootstock were well selected in the rich soils that the Western Cape offers. Vines are pruned to deliver well balanced crop and vineyard practices gets managed accordingly. The need for irrigation gets monitored on a weekly basis to ensure the vines never stress during ripening phase
- A Mediterranean climate dominates the Western Cape with the coastal regions influenced by nearby oceans - The Cold Benguala current (Atlantic ocean) from the South Pole flows along the western coast and the warmer Mozambique current (Indian ocean) follows the South coast.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Store in a cool dry place. Drink on day of opening
Bottle. Glass - Widely Recycled
Name and address
- Produced by:
- Home of Origin Wine,
- Old Bottelary Road,
- South Africa.
- Origin Wine Ltd,
- OX16 9UX,
- Origin Wine Ltd,
- OX16 9UX,
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019