Grand Vin De Stellenbosch Sauvignon Blanc 75Cl
- Sauvignon Blanc - White South African Wine
- Taking pride of place in Stellenbosch, this wine represents all that is grand about our region. This crisp and vibrant modern Sauvignon Blanc has well defined gooseberry and green pepper aromas on the nose and is complemented by soft, ripe passion fruit flavours on the palate with a long, exquisite finish. Serve well chilled.
- Wine of South Africa
- Pack size: 750ml
- Contains Sulphites May contain Sorbic Acid
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Well defined gooseberry and green pepper aromas on the nose and is complemented by soft ripe passion fruit flavours
Region of Origin
Home of Origin Wine (Pty) Ltd
Type of Closure
- The grapes were harvested at 22-23 balling sugar with about 3-6 hours of skin contact. After settling, the wine was fermented at 16 degree Celsius in Stainless steel tanks. Wines was racked from fermentation lees and treated with bentonite before cold stabilization. All actions prior to filling was done with utmost care to avoid any form of oxidation.
- The Stellenbosch winelands are considered to be the capital of the South African wine industry. Simon van der Stel arrived at the Cape as commander in 1679 and soon after was appointed its first governor. Later that year he undertook his first tour of inspection, which brought him to ‘the most charming valley he had ever seen' - the Stellenbosch winelands. He ordered the planting of the oaks, which is why it is sometimes referred to as Eikestad, or ‘town of oaks'
- Stellenbosch is a hilly region of the Cape Winelands sheltered in a valley at an average elevation of 136m. The soil in this region range from dark alluvium to clay and combined with a well-drained hilly terrain and a Mediterranean climate, it offers excellent conditions for the grapes
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to < >
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Wine of South Africa
Name and address
- Produced by:
- Home of Origin Wine,
- Old Bottelary Road,
- South Africa.
- Origin Wine Ltd,
- 0X16 9UX,
- Origin Wine Ltd,
- 0X16 9UX,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
750 Millilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019