- 2018 Pinotage. Wine of Origin Western Cape. Wine of South Africa.
- Every last grape in our Fairtrade wines comes from a collective of growers based in the beautiful Western Cape vineyards. South Africa’s signature red grape, Pinotage ripens to perfection during the long sunny days of this Mediterranean style climate. Our spicy, full bodied Pinotage is the perfect match for big and bold flavours – from BBQ ribs to roast game. It tastes of ripe black fruit, with traces of coffee and chocolate.
INGREDIENTS: Preservative (Ammonium Bisulphite)
- Contains sulphites.
- Spicy and full bodied with hints of dark berries
Region of Origin
Home of Origin Wine (Pty) Ltd
Type of Closure
- The grapes were harvested in the early morning to preserve all the flavours and aromas. After gentle destalking, the grapes are crushed and moved to stainless steel tanks where pre-fermentation maceration takes place for 3 days at 10 degrees Celsius. Standard maceration follows with 2 pump overs and the grapes left to ferment until dry.
- The vines were planted between 2000 and 2004. Choice of cultivar clone and rootstock were well selected in the rich soils that the Western Cape offers. Vines are pruned to deliver well balanced crop and vineyard practices gets managed accordingly. The need for irrigation gets monitored on a weekly basis to ensure the vines never stress during ripening phase
- A Mediterranean climate dominates the Western Cape with the coastal regions influenced by nearby oceans - The Cold Benguala current (Atlantic ocean) from the South Pole flows along the western coast and the warmer Mozambique current (Indian ocean) follows the South coast.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 1 year
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool dark place. Best enjoyed within 3 year[s] of purchase, once opened consume within 3 days.
Number of uses
- Do not drink when pregnant(logo).Drinkware(logo).Know your limits(statement).
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contain||Each glass (125ml) contains|
|Energy||321kJ / 77kcal||401kJ / 97kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019