Cow & Gate Comfort Milk Powder 800G
- Comfort for the dietary management of colic and constipation.
- Why choose Cow & Gate comfort?
- It is important to consult a healthcare professional before using this product.
- If your baby is suffering from colic or constipation, you'll know how unhappy these issues can make little ones, inside and out. Colic and constipation may affect babies due to the immaturity of their digestive systems, which can sometimes make digestion uncomfortable for them.
- Cow & Gate comfort is a specially designed for the dietary management of colic and constipation. Made with reduced lactose, partially digested whey proteins and structured vegetable oil, it's nutritionally complete, so you can use it from birth or as part of a weaning diet from 6 months.
- Reduced lactose*
- *contains 39% of the lactose in Cow & Gate Stage 1 formula
- Common symptoms of colic and constipation to discuss with your healthcare professional.
- Intense and inconsolable crying episodes that last several hours
- Flushed face, clenched fists and legs pulled up to the chest
- Infrequent, hard stools
- All babies are different, but the dietary management of colic and constipation can take up to 2-3 weeks.
- If you've used this product for this time and you see no difference, we recommend you talk to your healthcare professional.
- Ready for the next stage?
- If you think your little one is ready to move on from Cow & Gate comfort, speak to a healthcare professional about the most suitable milk for your baby.
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere. Contents may settle in transit.
- For the dietary management of colic & constipation
- Easy to digest
- Nutritionally complete
- Oligosaccharides (GOS/FOS)
- Structured vegetable oil
- Pack size: 800g
Hydrolysed Whey Protein Concentrate (from Milk), Vegetable Oils (Structured Vegetable Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Single Cell Oil, Sunflower Oil), Glucose Syrup, Starch (Potato Starch, Maize Starch), Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS) (from Milk), Lactose (from Milk), Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate, Calcium Chloride, Fish Oil, Sodium Chloride, Vitamin C, L-Tyrosine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Inositol, Iron Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Uridine 5' -Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Cytidine 5' -Monophosphate, Vitamin E, Adenosine 5' -Monophosphate, Inosine 5' -Monophosphate Sodium Salt, L-carnitine, Niacin, Guanosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Panthothenic Acid, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Biotin, Folic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K1, Sodium Selenite
Use powder within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Country of Origin
Produce of the EU
Origin Free Text
Manufactured in the E.U.
Preparation and Usage
- Feeding guide 0-12 months
- Approx. age: Birth, Approx. weight: 3.5kg, 7 1/2lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.6g): 3, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 90ml, 3fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age: 2 weeks, Approx. weight: 3.9kg, 8 1/2lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.6g): 4, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 120ml, 4fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age: 2 months, Approx. weight: 5kg, 11lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.6g): 6, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 180ml, 6fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 4 months, Approx. weight: 6.5kg, 14 1/2lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.6g): 7, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 210ml, 7fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 6 months, Approx. weight: 7.5kg, 16 1/2lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.6g): 8, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 240ml, 8fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 4
- Approx. age: 7-12 months, Approx. weight: -, -, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.6g): 7, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 210ml, 7fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 3
- Assumes weaning at 6 months. Your baby may need more or less than the feeding guide above. This information is given as a guide only. Consult your healthcare professional if you require more advice. Always use the scoop provided, please note the colour of the scoop may change from time to time.
- How to use this pack
- To open: remove tamper evidence strip and lift lid.
- In the pack is a scoop and leveller to help you measure the correct amount of powder. Store your scoop in the lid between uses.
- Click the lid securely shut to keep your powder fresh.
- Cow & Gate Comfort has a thicker texture than most other milks.
- When recommend using either a variable flow teat or a Single Hole Teat with a medium or fast flow.
- How to prepare
- Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
- 1 Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacture's instructions.
- 2 Boil 1 litre of freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- 3 Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with the built in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
- 4 Add one scoop to every 30ml (1 fl.oz) of water. Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed. Cap the bottle and shake well (for 10 seconds) to dissolve powder. Remove cap and replace with a sterilised teat.
- 5 Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
- For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds.
- Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds within 2 hours.
- If necessary, offer cooled, boiled water between feeds.
- Do not heat in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Due to the special ingredients in Cow & Gate comfort, the milk can separate once prepared. If this occurs, shake the bottle vigorously to mix and use as normal.
- Due t comfort's special blend of ingredients, you may notice a change in your baby's stool consistency (looser) and colour (greener). This is perfectly normal.
- Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Name and address
- Nutricia Ltd,
- White Horse Business Park,
- BA14 0XQ.
- Nutricia Ireland Ltd,
- Quality guarantee
- This product should reach you in perfect condition.
- If it is not satisfactory, please contact us. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- Want to know more?
- Got a question or just want to find out more? Give us a call. We'll be happy to chat to you about your little one's changing needs or about any of our products and services.
- Nutricia Ltd,
- White Horse Business Park,
- BA14 0XQ.
- UK 0800 977 400
Lower age limit
Advisory Months : 12
Food for special medical purposes Ask advice from your healthcare professional before use Important notice Cow & Gate comfort is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of colic and constipation. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth and as part of a balanced diet form 6-12 months. For enteral use only. Dental advice Do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with your baby's teeth as this increase the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night.
800 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Powder per 100g||Prepared feed per 100ml|
|Energy||2015 kJ||275 kJ|
|-||481 kcal||66 kcal|
|Fat||24.5 g||3.4 g|
|of which, saturates||10.8 g||1.5 g|
|of which, unsaturates||13.7 g||1.9 g|
|of which, LCPs†||0.150 g||0.020 g|
|- Arachidonic acid (AA)||0.082 g||0.011 g|
|- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||0.047 g||0.006 g|
|Carbohydrate||52.2 g||7.2 g|
|of which, sugars||24 g||3.3 g|
|of which, lactose||19.7 g||2.7 g|
|Fibre||4.1 g||0.6 g|
|Protein||10.9 g||1.5 g|
|Salt||0.37 g||0.05 g|
|Vitamin A||362 µg||50 µg RE|
|Vitamin D3||8.7 µg||1.2 µg|
|Vitamin E||5.4 mg||0.74 mg ɑ-TE|
|Vitamin K1||30 µg||4.5 µg|
|Vitamin C||68 mg||8.3 mg|
|Thiamin (B1)||0.38 mg||0.05 mg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.73 mg||0.10 mg|
|Niacin B3||6.2 mg||0.85 mg NE|
|Pantothenic acid||2.61 mg||0.36 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.31 mg||0.04 mg|
|Folic acid||68 µg||9.3 µg|
|Vitamin B12||1 µg||0.14 µg|
|Biotin||15 µg||2.1 µg|
|Sodium||146 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||550 mg||75 mg|
|Chloride||301 mg||41 mg|
|Calcium||357 mg||49 mg|
|Phosphorus||194 mg||27 mg|
|Magnesium||40 mg||5.5 mg|
|Iron||4 mg||0.54 mg|
|Zinc||3.6 mg||0.49 mg|
|Copper||291 µg||40 µg|
|Manganese||0.056 mg||0.008 mg|
|Fluoride||≤0.040 mg||≤0.006 mg|
|Selenium||12 µg||1.6 µg|
|Iodine||89 µg||12 µg|
|L-carnitine||7.3 mg||1.0 mg|
|Choline||73 mg||10 mg|
|Inositol||27 mg||3.7 mg|
|Taurine||39 mg||5.3 mg|
|Nucleotides||23 mg||3.2 mg|
|Osmolality||250 mOsmol/kg H2O||-|
|†Long Chain Polyunsaturated fatty acids||-||-|
|*Galacto- & Fructo-Oligosaccharides||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016