- Anti-Reflux from Birth to 12 Months
- Why choose Cow & Gate anti-reflux?
- It is important to consult a healthcare professional before using this product.
- If your baby is suffering from reflux, you'll know how unhappy this problem can make little ones, inside and out. It's common for some babies to bring up their feeds make little ones, inside and out. It's common for some babies to bring up their feeds occasionally but if this is occurring more frequently, or in larger quantities, then the problem may need dietary management.
- Cow & Gate anti-reflux is a specially thickened formula, designed to reduce the number of episodes of reflux and regurgitation. This formula contains carob bean gum, which gives the milk a thickened consistency on mixing and ensures the liquid remains thick in the stomach, helping the feed to stay down. It's nutritionally complete, so you can use it from birth or as part of a weaning diet from 6 months.
- Thickened formula for the dietary management of reflux and regurgitation.
- Ready for the next stage?
- If you think your little one is ready to move on from Cow & Gate anti-reflux, speak to a healthcare professional about the most suitable milk for your baby.
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere. Contents may settle in transit.
- For the dietary management of reflux & regurgitation
- Thickened formula
- Nutritionally complete
- Pack size: 800g
Lactose (from Milk), Skimmed Milk, Vegetable Oils (Palm Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Single Cell Oil), Maltodextrin, Carob Bean Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Oil, L-Cysteine Hydrochloride, Vitamin C, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Taurine, Choline Chloride, Iron Sulphate, Inositol, Zinc Sulphate, Uridine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Vitamin E, Cytidine 5'-Monophosphate, Adenosine 5'-Monophosphate, Inosine 5'- Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Niacin, Guanosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, L-Carnitine, Copper Sulphate, Folic Acid, Pantothenic Acid, Manganese Sulphate, Vitamin A, Biotin, Thiamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K1, Sodium Selenite
Use powder within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Country of Origin
Produce of the EU
Origin Free Text
Manufactured in the E.U.
Preparation and Usage
- Feeding guide 0-12 months
- Approx. age: Birth, Approx. weight: 3.5kg, 7 1/2lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.4g): 3, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 90ml, 3fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age: 2 weeks, Approx. weight: 3.9kg, 8 1/2lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.4g): 4, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 120ml, 4fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age: 2 months, Approx. weight: 5kg, 11lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.4g): 6, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 180ml, 6fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 4 months, Approx. weight: 6.5kg, 14 1/2lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.4g): 7, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 210ml, 7fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age: 6 months, Approx. weight: 7.5kg, 16 1/2lb, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.4g): 8, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 240ml, 8fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 4
- Approx. age: 7-12 months, Approx. weight: -, -, Preparation for single feeds: No. of level scoops (1 scoop = 4.4g): 7, Preparation for single feeds: Quantity of water 210ml, 7fl.oz, Preparation for single feeds: Feeds in 24 hours: 3
- Assumes weaning at 6 months. Your baby may need more or less than the feeding guide above. This information is given as a guide only. Consult your healthcare professional if you require more advice. Always use the scoop provided, please note the colour of the scoop may change from time to time.
- How to use this pack
- To open: remove tamper evidence strip and lift lid.
- In the pack is a scoop and leveller to help you measure the correct amount of powder. Store your scoop in the lid between uses.
- Click the lid securely shut to keep your powder fresh.
- Cow & Gate anti-reflux is a thickened feed - we recommend using a Single Hole Fast Flow Teat.
- How to prepare
- Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
- 1 Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacture's instructions
- 2 Boil 1 litre of freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 45 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- 3 Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with the built in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
- 4 Add one scoop to every 30ml (1 fl.oz) of water. Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed. Cap the bottle and roll upright between the palms of hands - roll it strongly and rolling the bottle should be as short as possible.
- 5 Shake bottle for 20 seconds and then leave to stand for 7 minutes to allow it to chicken. Remove cap and replace with a sterilised teat. Feed immediately.
- For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds. Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds within 2 hours.
- If necessary, offer cooled boiled water between feeds.
- Do not heat in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Tips for use
- When feeding Cow & Gate anti-reflux, you might find the following tips helpful:
- Feeding smaller amounts more frequently
- Changing to a more upright feeding position
- Winding during the feed rather than at the end of the feed
- This product should not be used in combination with antacids or other feed thickeners (e.g. Cow & Gate instant carobel). Remember to consult a healthcare professional before use.
- Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Name and address
- Nutricia Ltd,
- White Horse Business Park,
- BA14 0XQ.
- Nutricia Ireland Ltd,
- Quality guarantee
- This product should reach you in perfect condition.
- If it is not satisfactory, please contact us. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- Want to know more?
- Got a question or just want to find out more? Give us a call. We'll be happy to chat to you about your little one's changing needs or about any of our products and services.
- Nutricia Ltd,
- White Horse Business Park,
- BA14 0XQ.
- UK 0800 977 400
Lower age limit
Advisory Months : 12
Food for special medical purposes Ask advice from your healthcare professional before use Important notice Cow & Gate anti-reflux is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of reflux and regurgitation. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. For enteral use only. Dental advice Do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night. Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
800 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values Powder per 100g||Prepared feed per 100ml|
|Energy||2085 kJ||275 kJ|
|-||499 kcal||66 kcal|
|Fat||26.4 g||3.5 g|
|of which, saturates||11.7 g||1.5 g|
|of which, unsaturates||14.7 g||2.0 g|
|of which, LCPs†||0.159 g||0.021 g|
|- Arachidonic acid (AA)||0.088 g||0.021 g|
|- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||0.050 g||0.007 g|
|Carbohydrate||51.6 g||2.0 g|
|of which, sugars||45.9 g||6.1 g|
|of which, lactose||45.4 g||6.0 g|
|Fibre||3 g||0.4 g|
|Protein||12.3 g||1.6 g|
|Salt||0.45 g||0.06 g|
|Vitamin A||378 µg||50 µg RE|
|Vitamin D3||9.1 µg||1.2 µg|
|Vitamin E||7.7 mg||1.0 mg α-TE|
|Vitamin K1||34 µg||4.5 µg|
|Vitamin C||63 mg||8.3 mg|
|Thiamin (B1)||0.41 mg||0.05 mg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.75 mg||0.10 mg|
|Niacin B3||6.2 mg||0.82 mg NE|
|Pantothenic acid||2.24 mg||0.30 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.35 mg||0.05 mg|
|Folic acid||71 µg||9.4 µg|
|Vitamin B12||1.3 µg||0.17 µg|
|Biotin||11 µg||1.5 µg|
|Sodium||181 mg||24 mg|
|Potassium||577 mg||76 mg|
|Chloride||394 mg||52 mg|
|Calcium||586 mg||77 mg|
|Phosphorus||329 mg||43 mg|
|Magnesium||39 mg||5.1 mg|
|Iron||5.1 mg||0.68 mg|
|Zinc||4.5 mg||0.59 mg|
|Copper||302 mg||40 mg|
|Manganese||0.294 mg||0.033 mg|
|Fluoride||≤0.045 mg||≤0.006 mg|
|Selenium||9.8 µg||1.3 µg|
|Iodine||99 µg||13 µg|
|L-carnitine||6.8 mg||0.9 mg|
|Choline||58 mg||7.7 mg|
|Inositol||25 mg||3.3 mg|
|Taurine||38 mg||5.0 mg|
|Nucleotides||24 mg||3.2 mg|
|Osmolality||290 mOsmol/kg H2O||-|
|†Long Chain Polyunsaturated fatty acids||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016