Tesco Free From Yule Log Cake Kit 450G
- Energy1394kJ 334kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 2050.66kJ (491.60kcal)
- Chocolate Sponge Mix with sachets of chocolate frosting mix and icing sugar
- Free From Chocolate Yule Log
INGREDIENTS: Chocolate Sponge Mix(Caster Sugar, Rice Flour, Cocoa Powder, Potato Starch, Tapioca Starch, Raising Agents (Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Sulphate), Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum)), Chocolate Icing Sugar(Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Anti-caking Agent (Tricalcium Phosphate)), Icing Sugar(Sugar, Anti-caking Agent (Calcium Phosphate))
- Free From: Milk, milk derivatives or Milk based dairy ingredients, Cereals containing Gluten, Wheat or Wheat derivatives,
Store in a cool dry place.
- You will need:For the Sponge Mix: 140g dairy free spread and 2 large eggs (water if required)For the Chocolate Frosting: 55g dairy free spreadFor the White Frosting: 50g dairy free spread 1. Preheat oven to 180°C/Fan 160°CGas 4. Grease and line a standard (approx 30cm) rectangular baking tray, leaving some excess baking parchment around the edges of the tray. Make sure to grease the top of the baking parchment.2. Empty the chocolate cake mix into a bowl, add the eggs and spread. Mix ingredients well until you have a smooth, glossy batter. Add 1 - 2 teaspoons of water if the batter is too dry.3. Spread evenly across the baking tray, (depth approx. 5-10mm). Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.4. Leave to cool in the tray slightly. Using the baking parchment lift the cake out of the tray and place onto a flat work surface.5. Using a knife score a line about 2.5cm from the edge of the cake along one of the longer edges.6. Carefully roll the cake tightly up while still on the baking parchment. The baking parchment will roll inside the cake. Leave to cool completely.7. While the cake is cooling make both of the frostings. Save a little of the white icing sugar to dust over the finished yule log.8. Once the cake is completely cool, carefully unroll it. Spread the white frosting evenly over the cake.9. Slowly roll the cake back up, this time removing the baking parchment as you roll. Make sure to roll the cake tightly so that it stays together.10. Place the yule log onto a cake board or plate and cover with the chocolate frosting. Create a wood like texture by marking along the length of the log with a fork. Dust with remaining icing sugar.See side of pack for decoration instructions and how to make into the tree stump centre piece.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||Per 100g||1/10 of a pack (68g)|
|Energy||2050.66kJ (491.60kcal)||1394.45kJ (334.29kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016