- Spicy Udon Noodle Kit
- Connect with Me
- Facebook/ lovemisotasty
- Instagram and Twitter @misotasty
- Fun Facts
- Our Udon Noodle Kit is based on the classic street food dish yaki udon. Typically found in busy food markets in Japan, this is a stir-fry noodle that is cooked on a hot plate called a Teppanyaki.
- Traditionally, fresh udon is made by kneading the soft dough with you feet!
- What is Miso?
- A staple in Japanese cooking, miso is a naturally fermented soybean paste which is famed for its ancient superfood qualities.
- Plant Protein, Source of Antioxidants, Fermented Goodness
- Shinshu region Japan
- The proud origin of our signature miso!
- Hungry for more ideas & recipes?
- Head over to our Miso Tasty YouTube channel
- With udon noodles, red miso pastes, smoky chilli pastes and sesame oils.
- Miso Tasty's Udon Noodle Kits create a delicious Japanese-inspired stir-fry. Our signature miso paste is enhanced with smoky chilli and softened by rich sesame oil. These warming flavours deliver a balanced and powerful punch. You can enjoy a delicious Japanese meal in minutes - simply add fresh ingredients!
- Our Story
- Miso Tasty was created by passionate foodie, chef and award-winning entrepreneur, Bonnie Chung.
- ''For years, miso was my secret weapon in the kitchen. But my fascination for this ancient Japanese superfood led me to embark upon a 3 year quest around the world, to make my very own miso!
- My recipes are all created using the best miso in Japan, packed full of authentic flavour and natural goodness!''
- Miso expert & founder
- Bonnie Chung
- Chilli rating - 2
- Full kit flavour
- Ready in 6 mins
- Smoky chilli, sesame & miso
- Vegetarian Society approved
- Pack size: 472g
Udon Noodles (85%) (Wheat Flour, Water, Modified Tapioca Starch, Salt, Acidity Regulators: Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Acetic Acid, Sodium Malates, Glucono Delta-Lactone), Miso Paste (8%) (Water, Soybeans, Rice, Salt, Cornstarch Syrup, Rice Wine, Rapeseed Oil, Soybean Oil, Alcohol, Soya Lecithin, Yeast Extract), Chilli Paste (5%) (Spirit Vinegar, Glucose, Wheat Flour, Chilli, Cumin, Salt, Oregano, Garlic, Silicon Dioxide, Water, Alcohol, Garlic, Onion, Yeast Extract, Barley Malt Extract), Sesame Oil (2%) (Sesame Oil, Tocopherol Rich Extract)
- Contains: Barley, Sesame, Soya, Wheat
Store in a cool dry place. Once opened store in an airtight container.
Miso made in Japan
Preparation and Usage
- Start Your Stir Fry
- 1. Prep a handful of veg & protein
- 2. Sizzle
- Heat a tbsp of cooking oil in a hot pan or wok until smoking, then add your veg and protein and cook through.
- 3. Add Noodles
- Add the udon noodles to the pan, stir the noodles to loosen them and mix together with the ingredients.
- 4. Mix It Up with Miso
- In a separate bowl, mix together the miso paste, smoky chilli paste and sesame oil, then pour directly into the pan, and stir through.
- 5. Top Tip
- Turn up the heat for 30 seconds and let the noodles catch slightly before plating up! This is how its cooked on a Teppanyaki pan in Japan.
- 6. Finishing Touches
- Why not finish your dish like a pro with fresh herbs like coriander or chives, or a pinch of seeds or nuts for a tasty crunch!
- Instructions for one portion - double up for 2
- Enjoy your udon noodles differently each time!
- Give your Udon Noodles an Extra Twist
- Tasty Twists from your Kitchen Cupboard
- Add Warmth
- Add 2 tsps. of freshly grated ginger to Step 4 for a warmer sweet heat that adds a further level of spice to this dish.
- Add Zest
- Add a splash of vinegar or a squeeze of lemon juice to Step 4, for a more balanced flavour, cutting through the richness of the miso and sesame.
- Add Umami
- In Osaka, freshly grated cheese is added to the top of fried udon, as a cheeky topping! Umami power!
- The Perfect Pairings
- Your Tasty Leftovers!
- Got some bits leftover from dinner last night? Add your leftover roast from the fridge for a quick meal in minutes!
- Cupboard Superstars
- Tinned or frozen vegetables are quick to cook before adding to noodles. Tinned or jarred also works well. No need to shop for extra ingredients!
- Grab & Go!
- Just grab some deli-style items such as cooked seafood, meats and vegetables and simply add to your noodles.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Miso Tasty Ltd,
- PO Box 68534,
- SW15 9FB.
- Miso Tasty Ltd,
- PO Box 68534,
- SW15 9FB.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Serving Half Pack|
|Energy kJ||728 kJ||1719 kJ|
|of which saturates||0.5g||1.2g|
|of which sugar||5.2g||12.4g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019