Tesco Finest Pedro Ximenez 37.5Cl
- Energy1343kJ 319kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 1074kJ / 255kcal
- Finest PX Sherry 37.5cl e
- A velvety smooth Sherry from the 180-year-old González Byass family winery in Jerez, Spain. Pedro Ximenez grapes are laid out to dry in the hot sun before pressing and ageing in the traditional solera system. The resulting nectar is deliciously rich and warming, brimming with raisin and fig aromas. Simply delicious on its own or poured over vanilla ice cream.
- Pack size: 37.5cl
INGREDIENTS: Sulphur Dioxide.
- Contains sulphites.
- On the nose rich aromas of fruits such as raisins, figs and dates accompany honey, syrup and fruit preserve. The palate is velvety and smooth with good acidity which alleviates the sweetness. Long and flavourful finish.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
- González Byass has the largest single vineyard area of PX in Jerez, a 27 hectare single vineyard estate called Esteve in the Carrascal Pago. The Pedro Ximenez grapes are collected from the vine slightly later and in a process called ‘soleo' bunches are laid out on mats in the sun for up to two weeks. During this time the grapes raisin and give us an intense, sweet juice. This is then aged in the solera system for an average of 8 years on the 180 year old family estate in the heart of Jerez.
- Gonzalez Byass was founded in Jerez by Manual Maria Gonzalez in 1835. The first barrels of Tio Pepe were exported to London in 1844 and in 1855 the UK distributor, Robert Blake Byass, was made a partner in order to strengthen links to the UK. Ever since, Gonzalez Byass has been dedicated to the production of quality sherry wines and is still controlled by the Gonzalez family, now in its fifth generation.
- Gonzalez Byass is situated in the city of Jerez, Andalusia, in the heart of D.O. Jerez, owning over 800 hectares of vineyard, all located in Jerez superior. This area enjoys a warm and humid climate which helps in the maturation of the grape. The soils of the area are high in chalk, known as 'albariza soil' this helps to maintain moisture during the long dry summers. With vineyards split 95% Palomino and 5% Pedro Ximenez. Gonzalez Byass is the only winery to have PX planted in Jerez.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 10 years
Store in a cool, dark place
Produced in Spain, Bottled in Spain
Number of uses
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
Lower age limit
|Typical Values||100ml contains||A serving contains|
|Energy||1074kJ / 255kcal||1343kJ / 319kcal|
|* Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019