- Cream Sherry
INGREDIENTS: Base Wine (Sulphites), Calcium Sulphate
- Contains sulphites.Contains sulphites.
- Aromas of molasses, raisins, coffee, liquorice and chocolate. On the palate notes of cinder toffee and nutmeg, perfectly balanced by a hint of bitter orange and beautiful hazelnut.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Palomino, Pedro Ximénez
- This Premium Sherry is a traditional style of Oloroso Sherry, made from Palomino, blended with 25% Pedro Ximenez. After the Palomino grapes are fermented, we fortify to 18% then age for an average 8 years. Pedro Ximenez is left to over-ripen on the vine before the grapes are left to dry in the Spanish sunshine on mats (known as Soleo). This gives us an intense, sweet juice which is aged separately. The combination of the Dry Oloroso and the intense sweet luscious PX make for a wonderful Cream Sherry.
- Gonzalez Byass was founded in Jerez by Manual Maria Gonzalez in 1835. The first barrels of Tio Pepe were exported to London in 1844 and in 1855 the UK distributor, Robert Blake Byass, was made a partner in order to strengthen links to the UK. Ever since, Gonzalez Byass has been dedicated to the production of quality sherry wines and is still controlled by the Gonzalez family, now in its fifth generation.
- Gonzalez Byass is situated in the city of Jerez, Andalusia, in the heart of D.O. Jerez, owning over 800 hectares of vineyard, all located in Jerez superior. This area enjoys a warm and humid climate which helps in the maturation of the grape. The soils of the area are high in chalk, known as 'albariza soil' this helps to maintain moisture during the long dry summers. With vineyards split 95% Palomino and 5% Pedro Ximenez. Gonzalez Byass is the only winery to have PX planted in Jerez.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 10 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool, dark place.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100g contains||one glass (125ml) contains|
|Energy||612.40kJ (146.60kcal)||765.50kJ (183.25kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016