- Single Malt Scotch Whisky Finished in Cognac Casks
- The Glenlivet Captain's Reserve is a Speyside single malt selectively finished in high-quality Cognac casks. After maturing in bourbon and sherry casks, The Glenlivet whisky is finished in ex-cognac casks for at least 6 months, creating a unique rich intense flavour coming from the raisin-sweet taste of Cognac and the signature citrus notes and creamy smoothness of The Glenlivet.
- A whisky inspired by the unique character of its namesake, Captain Bill, that will take you on a journey from the misty glens of Scottish Speyside to the rolling vineyards of French Cognac with every sip.
- Sold with its signature gift box, making this the perfect whisky to celebrate a special occasion.
- Serving suggestion: Drink to your own preference, straight up or with a drop of water to release its intense and rich character.
- George Smith, The Glenlivet's founder, didn't follow the lead of the illegal still owners. In 1824, he obtained a distiller's licence to become the first legal distiller in Glenlivet, Scotland. 50 years later, George finally won the exclusive right to call his whisky ‘The Glenlivet', definitively marking it as the single malt that started it all. To this day, The Glenlivet remains the benchmark that all other Speyside single malts are measured against.
- Pack size: 70cl
- Nose: Bursting with sweet and fruity aromas. Rich in honey and apricot jam, with notes of sweet cinnamon bread and a subtle sensation of spicy liquorice. Taste: Succulent flavours of mandarins in syrup, ripe poached pears and chocolate-dipped raisins. Finish: Incredibly smooth and luscious.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Place of Provenance
- Pernod Ricard UK,
- Building 12 Chiswick Park,
- 566 Chiswick High Road,
- W4 5AN.
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019