- Wine of New Zealand. Hawkes Bay Merlot 2018
- A juicy Merlot from the Hawke’s Bay region of New Zealand. This attractive red has lifted cherry, plum and berry aromas with subtle spice notes, ample dark fruits on the palate with good colour, balance and intensity. Best served at room temperature, this wine can be enjoyed as an aperitif or is the perfect accompaniment to pan fried duck, roast lamb and casseroles.
- Contains: Contains milk, egg and sulphites.
- Contains milk, egg and sulphites.
- This juicy Merlot has lifted cherry, plum and berry aromas with subtle spice notes.
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Fruity & medium bodied
- The Merlot grapes are picked at optimum ripeness - great care and gentle handling of the grapes throughout the wine making process ensures that this New Zealand wine is perfectly balanced. The wine is then aged to perfection in French oak barrels.
- Hawke's Bay is New Zealand's oldest wine region with beginnings in 1851 pioneering innovation and leadership. The soils and climate that so excited the early wine making efforts of those pioneers, continues to provide the inspiration for the current generation of Hawke's Bay winemakers. It is now New Zealand's second largest wine region and the largest premium red wine producing region in the country.
- Hawke's Bay covers a total land area of 1.4 million hectares on 350km of Pacific Ocean coastline. Over thousands of years, 4 major Hawke's Bay rivers moved and formed valleys and terraces to create over 25 different soil types from clay loam, to limestone to sands and free draining gravels and red metal. Warm, north-facing hillsides, river valleys and terraces, and coastal areas provide incredible wines that are bursting with flavour.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 2 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool dark place. Best enjoyed within 2 year[s] of purchase, once opened consume within 2 days.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||Per 100ml||per glass (125ml)|
|Energy||310kJ / 75kcal||388kJ / 94kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019