- Red Italian Wine
- Passieno is an intense and elegant red, obtained from the ancient technique of vinifying together fresh and slightly dried grapes to intensify the flavours and richness of the wine. The wine is then aged for several months in oak to enhance complexity and smoothness. Pairs perfectly with tasty pasta, grilled red meats or mature cheeses.
- Wine of Italy
- From partially dried grapes
- Pack size: 750ml
- Contains Sulphites
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- On the nose, fresh blackberries and plums well integrated with aromas typical of drying, like dried fruit and flowers, vanilla A deep, velvety, lingering palate.
Region of Origin
Gruppo Italiano Vini S.p.A
Type of Closure
- Passieno is obtained from the ancient technique of vinifying together fresh and slightly dried grapes. Part of the grapes are picked when perfectly ripe and transferred to the cellar for processing, so the freshness and fragrance of the grapes remain intact. The varieties best suited to drying are left in part on the vine and harvested with a further concentration of the grapes in order to give to the wine concentration and aromas recalling “appassimento”.
- Melini was founded in 1705 by a wealthy merchant family from Florence. The cellar was rebuilt in the early 1970s bringing it to the forefront of modern winemaking. It is nestled into the side of a hill and constructed on four levels in order to achieve the progressive phases of vinification by gravity rather than pumping.
- Viticulture in Italy has remote origins, in fact the ancient name of Italy was Enotria (land of wine). The vine is currently grown in all Italian regions. Italy is one of the most important wine-growing countries in Europe, as well as one of the oldest.
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Italy
Name and address
- Melini S.p.A.,
- Nelle Proprie Cantine Di Poggibonsi,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
750 Millilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019