- Red Italian Wine
- The name Governo all'Uso Toscano comes from the rediscovery of a historical, local vinification interesting method using the wine of grapes dried in a special drying room. The result is a rich, smooth, full bodied wine with flavours of juicy black fruits, a hint of savoury spices and a long finish. Pair perfectly with cured meats, strong cheeses and grilled red meats. Serve at 18-20°C.
- Wine of Italy
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphites
- Concentrated, vivid ruby red colour. Pervasive, complex aromas with marked ripe fruit (Morello cherries and raspberries) and pleasing flor notes (irises and Parma violets). Rounded, full-bodied, soft and fruity flavor, very tangy and harmonious.
Region of Origin
Gruppo Italiano Vini S.p.A
Sangiovese and complementary varieties
- After a careful selection, some of the grapes are dried. Meticulous monitoring of the drying phase produces perfectly sound grapes rich in sugars. In the cellar, batches of freshly drawn-off wine are selected to receive the ready-dried grapes, starting a new fermentation process. The slow new fermentation represents the rediscovery and celebration of a historical, local practice: Governo all'Uso Toscano. Along with careful monitoring of the temperatures and skilled use of modern winemaking techniques, the method produces a rich, well-structured wine with unique, appealing and appetizing character.
- Melini was founded in 1705 by a wealthy merchant family from Florence. The cellar was rebuilt in the early 1970s bringing it to the forefront of modern winemaking. It is nestled into the side of a hill and constructed on four levels in order to achieve the progressive phases of vinification by gravity rather than pumping. Chianti is probably the best known Italian wine, exported since the 18th century and it remains one of Italy's most famed exports
- Chianti Docg is produced in the heart of Tuscany, in the area between the provinces of Arezzo, Florence, Pisa, Pistoia, Prato and Siena. These are hilly territories with large terraces and valleys crossed by rivers. This territory has been producing wine since the time of the Etruscans, but only in the 1800s it obtained the Denomination of Controlled Origin - DOC, in 1967 the Controlled and Guaranteed Denomination of Origin - DOCG was introduced. The Chianti area is also a famed touristic destination with rolling hills, neat agricultural landscapes and a healthy gastronomical tradition based on local products
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 3 years
Product of Italy
Preparation and Usage
- Serve at 18-20°C.
Name and address
- Melini S.p.A.,
- Nelle Proprie Cantine di Poggibonsi,
- G.I.V. S.p.A.,
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019