Melini Chianti Governo Docg 75Cl
- Red Italian Wine
- The Melini Chianti is named Governo all'Uso Toscano, after the rediscovery of an interesting traditional method based on a slow fermentation of the drawn-off wine, with dried grapes. This richly historical, local practice is interpreted by a winery which has taken pride in innovation during its 300 year history. The result is a wine with vibrant, authentic character.
- Not suitable for Vegetarians / Not suitable for Vegans.
- Wine of Italy
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulphites
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Concentrated, vivid ruby red colour. Pervasive, complex aromas with marked ripe fruit (Morello cherries and raspberries) and pleasing flor notes (irises and Parma violets). Rounded, full-bodied, soft and fruity flavor, very tangy and harmonious
Region of Origin
Gruppo Italiano Vini S.p.A
Type of Closure
Sangiovese and complementary varieties
- The grapes come from vineyards located on well exposed slopes in the Chianti area of Tuscany. Between September and October, when the grapes are well ripened, they are picked and softly pressed. The skins macerate for a few days in the extracted juice and are then cleared away. This juice, called must, then ferments to become wine. The wine is then partly aged for several months in oak vats before being bottled. The best parts are set aside and earn their Riserva status by further ageing in the bottle
- Melini was founded in 1705 by a wealthy merchant family from Florence. The cellar was rebuilt in the early 1970s bringing it to the forefront of modern winemaking. It is nestled into the side of a hill and constructed on four levels in order to achieve the progressive phases of vinification by gravity rather than pumping. Chianti is probably the best known Italian wine, exported since the 18th century and it remains one of Italy's most famed exports
- Wines that can be classified as Chianti are produced from a fairly large area that stretches from the plains along the Mediterranean shores near Livorno, to the mountainous region near Florence and Siena. The best wines come from the latter part, where Melini is also located. The Chianti area is also a famed touristic destination with rolling hills, neat agricultural landscapes and a healthy gastronomical tradition based on local products
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in cool dark place. Ready to uncork, but also surprisingly good after several years.
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Italy
Preparation and Usage
- Starters of cured meats and assorted cheeses, flavoursome first courses and vegetable soups, grilled red meats, but also an aperitif.
Name and address
- Località Gaggiano,
- Poggibonsi (Siena) - CAP: 53036,
- G.I.V. S.p.A.,
- Villa Belvedere,
- Calmasino di Bardolino (VR).
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
75 Centilitres ℮
Using Product Information
Tesco © Copyright 2016