- Red Italian Wine
- Melini produces this Chianti Riserva with the care and quality for which it is famous. It is a full bodied wine with character, brimming with rich black and red fruit flavours and, thanks to extended ageing in oak, a lightly toasted, smooth finish. Pairs perfectly with rich pasta dishes, grilled meats and mature cheeses.
- Pack size: 750ml
- Contains Sulphites
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Glowing ruby red colour. Marked aromas of raspberries and blackberries with hints of Parma violets and irises. Rounded, candid, tangy flavor with a pleasing, very lingering finish on notes of wild berry jam and almonds.
Region of Origin
Gruppo Italiano Vini S.p.A
Type of Closure
Sangiovese and complementary varietes
- The grapes come from vineyards located on well exposed slopes in the Chianti area of Tuscany. Between September and October, when the grapes are well ripened, they are picked and softly pressed. The ripe grapes undergo the red winemaking method at controlled temperature (26-28°C) with frequent pumping-over.
- Melini was founded in 1705 by a wealthy merchant family from Florence. The cellar was rebuilt in the early 1970s bringing it to the forefront of modern winemaking. It is nestled into the side of a hill and constructed on four levels in order to achieve the progressive phases of vinification by gravity rather than pumping. Chianti is probably the best known Italian wine, exported since the 18th century and it remains one of Italy's most famed exports
- Wines that can be classified as Chianti are produced from a fairly large area that stretches from the plains along the Mediterranean shores near Livorno, to the mountainous region near Florence and Siena. The best wines come from the latter part, where Melini is also located. The Chianti area is also a famed touristic destination with rolling hills, neat agricultural landscapes and a healthy gastronomical tradition based on local products
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of Italy
Preparation and Usage
- Serve at 18-20ºC.
Name and address
- Melini S.p.A.,
- Nelle Proprie Cantine Di Poggibonsi,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
750 Millilitres ℮
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019