- Energy559kJ 133kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 341kJ/81kcal
- Custard Powder
- Bird's® is the original custard brand, established in 1837 and loved by generations ever since. Bird's Custard is made and served in millions of homes where proper custard is at the heart of a good pud!
By Appointment to Her Majesty The Queen Manufacturers of Cakes and Culinary Products Premier Foods PLC St. Albans
- Original homemade taste
- You make it special...
- No artificial colours
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Pack size: 350g
Maize Starch, Salt, Flavouring, Colour (Annatto)
Store in a cool, dry place. Once made up, store in a refrigerator and treat as fresh food., Best Before End See Lid or Base.
Preparation and Usage
- How to Made Delicious Bird's Custard:
- To make 1 pint (568ml)
- On The Hob:
- 1. Put 2 tablespoons (35g) of custard powder and 1-2 tablespoons (15g-35g) of sugar in a basin.
- 2. Mix into a smooth paste with a little (approx. 2 tablespoons) milk taken from 1 pint (568ml).
- 3. Heat the remaining milk to nearly boiling and pour onto custard mix, stirring well.
- 4. Return to the saucepan and bring to the boil over a gentle heat, stirring continuously.
- In The Microwave (750W):
- 1. Follow steps 1&2 above.
- 2. Add the remaining milk and cook on full power for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking period.
- 3. Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.
- NB: All cooking appliances vary. These are guidelines only. Cooking time will differ for a lower or higher wattage microwave oven.
- Handy Hints:
- Bird's custard powder can be made up with skimmed, semi-skimmed or full cream milk.
- The thickness of the custard can be varied by using a little more or less milk as you prefer.
- Sugar can be adjusted to suit your taste.
- For perfect Bird's custard; Ensure you have a smooth paste; Add the hot milk to the custard paste; Stir continuously.
Number of uses
40 This pack contains approximately 40 portions
- Free From Artificial Colours
Name and address
- Freepost Premier Foods,
- PO Box 2016,
- Freepost Premier Foods Consumer Relations
- ROI: Premier Foods Consumer Relations,
- PO Box 2016,
- Bird's® Careline:
- Consumer Service
- UK - 0800 0327111
- ROI - 1800 93 2814
- (Your call may be recorded)
350 Grams ℮
|Typical Values||Typical Values as prepared with semi-skimmed milk Per 100g||as prepared with semi-skimmed milk Per 164g portion|
|of which Saturates||0.9g||1.5g|
|of which Sugars||9.8g||16.1g|
|This pack contains approximately 40 portions||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016