- Franciacorta DOCG Extra Brut
- Made using traditional methods at the historic Castel Faglia winery and aged for 18 months, this sparkling shows intense brioche and Citrus flavours with a long dry finish. Perfect to raise a glass and enjoy throughout the meal. Store in a cool, dark place. Do not store at high temperatures or shake the bottle. Open with care.
- Contains: Contains sulphites.,
- Contains sulphites.
- The palate is well balanced, structured and leisurely, with a predominant savouriness and lively acidity combined with fresh almond and aromatic spice aromas.
Region of Origin
Castel Faglia, Italy
Type of Closure
Crisp & dry
Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc
- During grape harvest, the grapes undergo a strict selection before being pressed: only the best grape bunches are picked and set in specific crates. In Castel Faglia there are very strict rules applied to the pressing procedure: only the must resulting from the very light and soft pressing is kept to produce Franciacorta. When pressing is finished, the must is separated by each field, and follwing is the alcoholic fermentation in small wooden barrels.
- The company's name originates from the castle of the ancient owner Faglia, set on a hill of morainic origin at 300 metres above sea level, with vine-clad terraces. Thanks to it's perfect exposure to the rocky earth and microclimate, a very unique grape is obtained because produced in an environment with incomparable features.
- The selection of grapes to be used for the production of Franciacorta is of basic importance to Castel Faglia. As a matter of fact Castel Faglia gathers it's grapes not from huge vineyards, but from small plots of land farmed as precious little gardens, resulting in the developement of grape bunches with different aromatic features. Castel Faglia vineyards, spreading out to about 17 hectares, as a Franciacorta policy, are solely composed of Chardonnay, Pinot Bianco and Pinot Nero vine varieties
- To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within 4 years of purchase.
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool dry place.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||A serving contains|
|Energy||292kJ / 70kcal||365kJ / 88kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019