- Energy1227kJ 291kcal
of the reference intake*
Typical values per 100g: Energy 1805kJ / 429kcal
- Gingerbread mix, white royal icing mix, red sugar paste and mixed jelly beans. Includes stencils.
- Tesco Gingerbread Toy Shop Kit 400g WITH JELLY BEANS Almost everything you need to create a unique gingerbread centre piece
- WITH JELLY BEANS Just Add Butter & Golden Syrup
- Pack size: 400G
INGREDIENTS: Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin], Icing Sugar, Sugar, Mixed Jelly Beans (7%) [Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Maize Starch, Water, Fruit Juices from Concentrate [Pineapple, Orange, Apple], Flavouring, Colours (Anthocyanins, Carotenes, Curcumin, Titanium Dioxide), Glazing Agents (Shellac, White and Yellow Beeswax, Carnauba Wax), Acidity Regulators (Sodium Citrate), Citric Acid, Fumaric Acid], Dried Egg White, Ginger, Caramelised Sugar Powder, Rapeseed Oil, Glucose Syrup, Water, Raising Agent (Sodium Bicarbonate), Palm Oil, Colours (Carotenes, Anthocyanins, Titanium Dioxide), Humectant (Glycerine), Acidity Regulators (Citric Acid), Flavouring, Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate).
- For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
Store in a cool, dry place and out of direct sunlight. Once prepared, consume within 7 days.
Packed in the U.K.
Preparation and Usage
Adult Supervision Recommended
Cooking time: 15 minutes
You will need: 100g Golden Syrup, 70g Unsalted Butter, Icing Sugar and Flour for dusting
For the Gingerbread Mix
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180???C/Fan 160???C/Gas mark 4.
2. Place the golden syrup and the butter into a medium size saucepan.
3. Warm on a medium heat until all of the butter has melted and the syrup has started to bubble, remove from the heat.
4. Empty the sachet of gingerbread mix directly into the saucepan and mix well with a spoon until the powder has been taken up and you have a soft dough.
5. Tip the mixture out into a clean bowl, cover and allow to cool for approximately 15 minutes.
6. Tip the dough out (make sure it???s cool enough) and knead with your hands until smooth and firm (knead for approximately 3 minutes), or alternatively, mix in an upright mixer fitted with a beater attachment for 1-2 minutes on a medium speed.
7. Usinfga rolling pin and alittle flour to dust, roll the gingerbread out on a flat surface to a thickness of approximately 5mm.
8. Using the stencils provided, cut out the shapes and place them on a parchment lined baking tray.
9. Bake them in the centre of the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
10. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray.
For the Red Sugar paste
1. Remove from the packaging and knead until pliable.
2. Using a rolling pin and a small amount of icing sugar for dusting, roll out on a flat surface to approximately 3 mm thickness.
3. Using the stencils provided, cut out the shapes to be stuck on the toy shop and set aside on greaseproof paper to harden.
4. Use any remaining sugar paste to make candy canes ??? again, set aside to harden.
For the icing mix
1. Empty the icing mix into a clean (fat free) mixing bowl, add 2 teaspoons of water and bring the mixture together using a spoon.
2. Beat until thick and smooth (you can add a little more water or icing mix to achieve correct consistency).
3. Use the icing to stick the pieces of gingerbread together to form the house.
Note, if the gingerbread has flowed out in the oven, trim the edges back straight using a serrated knife. Be careful not to break the gingerbread.
Once the house has set, decorate using the remaining white icing - you can use a piping bag (not provided) - red sugar paste and jelly beans (for the best coverage, cut the jelly beans in half before sticking on the house).
Number of uses
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||Per 100g||1/8 of the biscuit (68g)|
|Energy||1805kJ / 429kcal||1227kJ / 291kcal|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2021