- Reserva Rioja - Red Spanish Wine
- This reserva was aged for 20 months in new oak casks and then matured in bottle to complete its evolution. Its deep cherry colour and complex aromas best express the quality within our 350 HA estates. This wine has been bottled unfiltered. Which might result in the appearance of natural sediments in the bottle.
- Wine of Rioja, Spain
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulfites
- Deep cherry colour with medium-high intensity, the nose offers coconut and toffee, evolving into spices and Mediterranean bush. The wine develops in the mouth offering a long fruity finish.
Region of Origin
Baron de Ley
Type of Closure
- The grapes are picked at the end of September by hand. They are then de-stemmed and crushed, maceration takes place for 7 days with two daily pump-overs. Fermentation takes place at 29°C for 14 days in stainless steel vats. The wine is then oaked for 20 months in American oak barrel, before been transferred to bottles, where it ages for a further 24 months.
- Barón de Ley was founded in 1985 by a small group of Rioja wine professionals who wanted to develop a purely “vineyard driven” winery, oriented to the production of high quality wines from their own vineyards. They also wanted to develop and implement a new style of “modern” Rioja wines; wines of deeper colour, structure and concentration, in line with what today's most discerning consumers are looking for.
- The vineyard is located in the Rioja Baja area, this offers a Mediterranean climate. The Mediterranean influence implies more insolation and less rains than in the western Rioja areas. This creates optimal conditions for the obtention of wines with more colour, concentration and poliphenolic maturation.
- This wine can be drunk now but will further improve if carefully stored for up to 2 years
Product of Spain
Name and address
- Barón De Ley, S.A.,
Lower age limit
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019