Tesco Finest Chianti Classico DOCG 75Cl
- Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- This is an aged Chianti from the Classico area, the oldest and most authentic of Chianti vineyards and is made by the Melini Winery who have produced Chiantis for centuries. This medium bodied red shows flavours of ripe cherries, plums and spices with a long, intense finish. With ripe tannins, this food wine is made for red meats and tomato based sauces. Store in a cool, dark place.
- Contains: Contains sulphites.
- Contains sulphites.
- Ruby red colour. Heady, fragrant and vibrant nose with pleasing hints of raspberries, wild strawberries and Parma violets. Tangy, forthright, harmonious flavour finishing on distinct and lively lingering notes of blackberries and almonds
Region of Origin
Gruppo Italiano Vini S.p.A
Type of Closure
Fruity & Medium Bodied
Sangiovese. Complimentary grapes admitted in Chianti DOCG
- Red winemaking method, with skins maceration and frequent pumping-over. Fermentation with cultured yeasts, takes place at controlled temperature. The wine is aged in stainless steel and concrete, and further matures in bottles before release.
- Melini was founded in 1705 by a wealthy merchant family from Florence. The cellar was rebuilt in the early 1970s bringing it to the forefront of modern winemaking. It is nestled into the side of a hill and constructed on four levels in order to achieve the progressive phases of vinification by gravity rather than pumping. Chianti is probably the best known Italian wine, exported since the 18th century and it remains one of Italy's most famed exports
- Wines that can be classified as Chianti are produced from a fairly large area that stretches from the plains along the Mediterranean shores near Livorno, to the mountainous region near Florence and Siena. The best wines come from the latter part, where Melini is also located. The Chianti area is also a famed touristic destination with rolling hills, neat agricultural landscapes and a healthy gastronomical tradition based on local products
- To enjoy this wine at its best, drink within 2 years of purchase.
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool dry place.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||A serving contains|
|Energy||303kJ / 73kcal||379kJ / 91kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019