- finest* Hawke's Bay Syrah
- Syrah 2016, Wine of New Zealand
- Contains: Contains sulphites.
- Contains sulphites.
- Rich, ripe and succulent red with black fruit, red plum and subtle peppery spice notes
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Bold & full-bodied
- Hawke's Bay styles (which make up 70% of production) are known for their complexity, elegant firm tannins and aromatic and spicy flavours: berryfruit, plums, violet and pepper. wines present a substantial body and richness, with bramble and peppery characters. Warm-fermented in stainless steel following extended maceration and matured in French oak,
- Hawke's Bay's benign climate and high sunshine have long-established the region as ideal for fruit-growing. Vines were first planted in 1851 by Marist missionaries and Hawke's Bay enjoys a significant international reputation for producing some of the country's best wines, red and white. Syrah is an exciting variety showing great distinction, gaining strength as sites and clones are refined. Wines are perfumed, elegant with ripe fruit, supple tannins and lingering spice.
- A relatively large and diverse region capable of producing a wide range of varieties to a very high standard, Hawke's Bay is best known for its Merlot Cabernet blends and Syrah, and equally impressive Chardonnay, in Coastal areas which enjoy a more pronounced maritime influence in addition to the region's general long growing season, the gravely coastal vineyards are famed for early-ripening reds. Hillsides increasingly explored for the differences offered in soil and altitude.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 3 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Store in a cool, dry place. This wine can be enjoyed now or carefully stored for up to 2 years from purchase.
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||Per 125ml glass contains|
|Energy||296kJ / 71kcal||370kJ / 89kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019