- Long grain rice for risotto
- Find the Maestro suggestions on Facebook, Instagram
- What does G.A.L.L.O. really mean?
- The cockerel icon is the seal of warranty of Riso Gallo, the n°1 producer in Italy, meaning excellence in rice production, respecting the environment and our workers.
- But what does G.A.L.L.O. really mean?
- Guaranteed - 100% Sustainable
- We oversee the whole supply chain, guaranteeing 100% sustainable practices according to the Sustainable Agriculture Initiative Platform*, as certified by an independent external auditor**
- Authentic - 100% Premium Quality
- Riso Gallo guarantees the origin of the rice, the traditional stone husking using whitening machines that allow a more gentle abrasion and a careful, grain by selection using optical sorters
- Local - 100% Italian
- Our rice masters select the best risotto grains to become Gallo Traditional exclusively inside the districts of Vercelli, Novara and Pavia, just a few Km away from Riso Gallo plants, located in Robbio Lomellina.
- Low Impact - 100% Recyclable
- We use only 100% recyclable packaging and FSC certified cartons
- Original - N°1 in Italy
- Riso Gallo is the Italian Maestro of Risotto since 1856. Our grains are ideal for classic risotto and many recipes.
- *SAI Platform -FSA 2.1 Scoring: 100% Silver
- **Control Union Certification B.V. Report Number: CU-FSC-867567-125908
- 100% Recyclable
- Protection Certification of Reforestation
- FSC - FSC® Mix, Packaging from responsible sources, FSC® C108458, www.fsc.org
- From sustainable agriculture
- Suitable for vegans
- Pack size: 500G
Best before: see top of pack.Store in a cool dry place.
Preparation and Usage
- How to Prepare an Authentic Italian Risotto
- 1. Sauté the onion in the butter until soft. Add the rice and coat well until transparent.
- 2. Add the wine and stir until it has evaporated.
- 3. Add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer. Add more stock when necessary. Continue in this way for about 18 mins.
- 4. Stir in the parmesan and the other ingredients if necessary, test for seasoning, cover and leave for 2 minutes.
Name and address
- Riso Gallo S.p.A.,
- V.le R.Preve 4,
- 27038 Robbio (PV),
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which saturates||0,3 g|
|of which sugars||0,2 g|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2021