- Valpolicella Ripasso DOC
- From Northern Italy's famed Valpolicella region comes a bold wine full of dark fruit flavours. This red is passed twice through the grape skins to create a darker colour, a richer texture and a complex and smooth taste.
- Contains: Contains sulphites.,
- Contains sulphites., Contains Sulphites
- Ruby red in colour, with a concentrated perfume of red and black cherries. Rich and full-bodied on the palate, with a spiced fruit character layered with rounded ripe cherry flavours. Supple tannins and a long finish.
Region of Origin
Cantina di Valpantena
Type of Closure
Corvina, Rondinella, Corvinone
- The grapes were destemmed, crushed and fermented in stainless steel tanks to preserve freshness and the fruit character. The wine was then passed over dried grape skins, which creates a darker colour and adds an extra richness to the wine. The wine is then aged in oak before bottling.
- Run by Luca Degani since 1995, the Cantina di Valpantena is now one of Italy's best co-operatives, with 700 hectares of vineyard producing excellent quality fruit.
- Cantina di Valpantena is situated in the Valpantena, northeast of Verona. Known as the 'valley of god' to the ancient Greeks, this area is well-known for its high quality red wines, due partly to the soils but also because of the cool breeze that blows down the valley from the foothills of the Dolomites.
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 3 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
store in a cool dry place
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
|Typical Values||100ml contains||one glass (125ml) contains|
|Energy||325.73kJ (78.48kcal)||407.16kJ (98.10kcal)|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016