- Red French Wine
- Here on the limestone and schist slopes of the Corbières mountains, cool winds temper the power of the sun. That's why the wine is so well balanced, combining terrific fruitness with a vigour worthy of the great vintages. On this very special terroir, the Syrah, Grenache and Carignan vines, picked by hand, dig deep into the rocky land. This terroir conceives rich, mouthwatering wines which owe more to the natural aromas of the garrigue than to oenological pretensions. This great wine is redolent of red fruits and spice, it's very open and creamy, delightfully long. Drink now at 16ºC (60ºF) with duck breast or grilled beef steak. If you're patient, lay it down for a few years it will be just right with meat in sauces or well matured cheese.
- Wine of France
- Pack size: 750ml
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Eye : Beautiful red color with purple blue - Nose : Delicate wine with garrigue aromas - Palate : Open, creamy, ends long, well balanced
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Carignan, Grenache, Shiraz/Syrah
- Carbonic maceration for the Carignan, low temperature, pre-fermentation maceration for the Grenache and Syrah. Thermo-regulated alcoholic fermentation. Matured in vats with added oxygen before bottling
- On the plateau of the Hautes Corbières, all Castelmaure's 169 inhabitants are grape producers or their children. All share a common passion. Founded in 1921, the Cave d'Embres et Castelmaure reflects the dynamism that produces wines of great finesse with splendid aromatic qualities. Each of the 760 land parcels is individually supervised, the most modern techniques are used in the vinification process. The 25 year old partnership between Jeanjean and Castelmaure has created one of Corbières great names.
- Castelmaure, a very special terroir The village nestles high in the Hautes Corbières, at an altitude that encourages true southern elegance. Geologically the arid soil is based on black schist and limestone which means harvesting has to be by hand. The Castelmaure plateau is made up of : - Alluvial sediment (fruitiness, aromatic complexity) - Hard Jurassic Hettengian era limestone (power) - Black and grey schist ( finesse, mineral qualities).
- This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 5 years
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Product of France
Name and address
- Jeanjean à F34725,
- Jeanjean à F34725,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019