- 2016 Mercurey. Appellation Mercurey contrôlée. Product of France
- This pinot noir is from the southern of Burgundy appellation of mercurey. Taking the name of our own wine expert's grandfather, this medium bodied red has layers of red and black fruits ans savoury spices notes.This structured red wine brings out the best from red meats and roast pork.
INGREDIENTS: Sulphur Dioxide, Potassium Metabisulphite
- Contains sulphites. Contains sulphites.
- A purplish red, fairly fine but with plenty of character. Aromas of fruits steeped in kirsch accompanied by animal and woody notes, very well-balanced, combining fine fruity scents with a good structure thanks to the tannins.
Region of Origin
Bouchard Aîné et Fils
Type of Closure
Spicy & medium bodied
- The grapes were carefully sorted and fully destemmed before being put in vats (wooden and concrete ones) for vinification. After a 4-days maceration period, the fermentation started through the addition of selected yeasts and lasted 18 days. Then the free-run juice (more subtle with finer tannins) and the press juice were blended and casked into oak barrels for a 14-month maturing, using 20% new oak in order to enhance the woody notes.
- All of the wines made by our House bear the stamp of Bouchard Aîné & Fils in its signature. A name of prestige, synonymous with tradition, excellence and mastery since 1750. Our complete range of wine carries the signature of Bouchard Aîné & Fils, which is known across the four corners of the globe, resonating three centuries of history in the Great Wines of Burgundy.
- A Côte Chalonnaise appellation which takes its name from the village of Mercurey. The vineyards under this appellation extend over 650 hectares, 590 of which produce red wines and 100 hectares are classified Premier Cru.
- This wine can be drunk now but will further improve if carefully stored for up to < >
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Number of uses
Name and address
- Tesco Stores Ltd.,
- Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA,
75 cl e
|Typical Values||100 ml contains||one glass ( 125ml) contains|
|Energy||294kJ / 71kcal||367kJ / 89kcal|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)||-||-|
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2019