Codorniu Cuvee Barcelona Cava 75Cl
- Cava Brut - White Spanish Wine
- Utterly refreshing, sunny, crisp apple and pear flavours are undercut by citrus, and then balanced by a long, creamy finish. A perfect party gift, or simply to enjoy with tapas with friends.
- Barcelona is the inspiration for this top quality, elegant Sparkling wine. The beauty and vibrancy of the place that the Codorníu family have called home for over 450 years, is captured by the stylish bottle design, which celebrates the amazing vibes and curves of Barcelona's modernista architecture. Like Champagne it is made using the traditional methods of producing Sparkling wine with a secondary fermentation in this very bottle, followed by a long period to mature in cellar.
- Codorniu Raventós has been making wine since 1551 and have been Cava pioneers since 1872. In all this time, the Catalan company has remained family-owned, and is the oldest company in Spain and the 17th oldest family-owned company in the world. Codorniu are brand leaders in premium Cava in Spain, and their winery at Sant Sadurni near Barcelona is a World Heritage Site with over 150,000 visitors visiting it every year.
- Vinification Details
- For this cava, we reproduced techniques used over 50 years ago, readapting them to today. Fermentation is kept at a low temperature across a variety of stainless steel and oak-lined ceramic tanks in order to develop the character of the wine. After blending, the bottle was stored in underground cellars where a second fermentation took place in the bottle. A period of aging then followed to achieve a balance between its fruity character and its richer flavours.
- Regional Information
- Based near Barcelona in Spain, Codorníu have now completed over 460 harvests and have the largest number of privately owned vineyards in Europe. Proudly Catalonian, this vineyard ownership and historical experience delivers wines of top quality, from the sourcing and management of grapes in their vineyards, through to the crisp, refreshing sparkling wine in your glass. The Cava grapes come from the Mediterranean climate zone within the D.O.Cava appellation of Penedès in north-east Spain.
- Wine of Spain
- Pack size: 75cl
- Contains Sulfites
- Contains: Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Region of Origin
Type of Closure
Macabeo, Parellada, Xarello, White Grape Blend
Alcohol Unit Other Text
Country of Origin
Origin Free Text
Wine of Spain
Name and address
- Codorníu, S.A.,
- Sant Sadurní d'Anoia,
Lower age limit
Statutory Years : 18
Using Product Information
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
Tesco © Copyright 2016